Chapter 25: There

"There are only four words that mean so much more than I love you..and those words are I'm here for you."

              -Anonymous

A contented sigh slowly left Jungkook's lips as he began to stir in his sleep, the sound of soft whispers filling his ears.

He could feel someones fingers raking through his hair and playing with the ends of his dirty blond locks. Warmth engulfed his entire body, putting him at ease and giving him a sense of security.

"So, what do we do?" Your soft voice pulled him out of his tired state, his eyes slowly beginning to flutter open.

A sigh sounded from the other side of the room.

"I don't know." A familiar voice stated. "If Jin is right about Daesung, then we don't have much time left."

Jungkook's body stiffened at the mention of his father's name, memories flooding through his mind as he opened his eyes fully.

He glanced around the room, his gaze falling onto the black-haired man that was currently leaning against the door.

Jungkook's head rested in your lap, his body now laying on the bed as you toyed with the ends of his hair.

What happened?

The last thing he remembered was his lips on yours and his hands roaming all over your body against his will as he whispered his apologies to you.

The young Emperor was relieved that he seemed to have control of his body again and there was no sign of his father anywhere.

Hoseok's golden-brown eyes locked onto Jungkook's, his arms crossing over his chest.

"He's awake." He stated.

Jungkook felt you shuffle underneath him, your hand moving to caress his face as you scanned him over, worry evident in your bright blue eyes.

"Jungkook." Your voice came out in a relieved sigh.

He frowned in confusion, his hand moving to rest over your own as his big, innocent eyes staring up at you.

"What happened?"

His voice was soft and scared, his throat dry as he spoke to you.

You moved your gaze away from him, glancing at Hoseok for a moment, before moving to stare at a seemingly empty spot in the room.

"You don't remember?" You asked him.

Jungkook frowned, his thumb brushing over the warm flesh of your hand.

"I-I remember you and I-" He paused, struggling with his words. "I don't now why I passed out."

You nodded your head, combing your fingers through his hair in a comforting way.

"I know about your father, Jungkook." You started cautiously. "I know what he did to you."

The dirty-blond man swallowed hard, his jaw clenching as his vision began to cloud over with unshed tears.

"We both know." Hoseok stated, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, kid."

Jungkook could only nod, trying to contain himself.

So many emotions were going through him at that moment.

He was relieved that you now knew the reasons behind his cruel actions, and he was happy that he could finally speak to someone about it, but at the same time..he was scared. Scared that you would reject him or view him as a monster.