Chapter 37: Beginnings

"And suddenly, you just know it's time to start something new and trust in the magic of beginnings."

                 -Anonymous

What would you do for the one you loved?

Maybe you don't think about things like that, or maybe you constantly dwell on such a question. Maybe you would be willing to give your life....maybe you don't think you could bring yourself to give up anything.

Maybe you've closed yourself off and pushed away any thought of emotion...especially love. Maybe you've grown numb to the world that surrounds you, only watching as everyone around you moves on with their lives while you stay alone, locking up your emotions...only focused on getting through your day...only focused on surviving....

Maybe love has never been a part of your plan...maybe you despise the thought of love....but if you did have someone....someone that pulled you out of your loneliness, someone that finally saw you...someone that finally heard your silent screams among the loud sounds of the world...

If you found that someone...what would you do for them?

Seokjin used to think that he would never find love. He believed it was pointless and stupid....Seokjin used to be cold and distant....he used to be selfish and envious of those around him...

But then he found his someone....

He found you..

Or, actually...you found him.

And you began to chip away at his stone heart piece by piece.

And he fell in love with you.

He fell in love with your courage, you sincerity and your flaming self-respect and it was those things he'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that you weren't all that you should be...

He loved you and that was the beginning of everything.

A soft groan left your parted lips as your body slowly began to stir into consciousness, blue eyes fluttering open slowly as your head throbbed in pain, body sore as you stretched your arms over your head.

Memories came flooding back into your mind, causing your brows to furrow.

You moved your gaze to scan around the unfamiliar white room, freezing when your eyes landed on the raven-haired man that stood at the end of your bed, a soft smile resting on his features as your eyes met his.

His familiar gray eyes were soft as he gazed at you.

You didn't understand.

You died.

You were dead...you died to defeat Daesung...you died for Jin...

Yet, here you were, living-breathing.

Slowly, your mind began to click the pieces together...Everything slowly beginning to make sense to your tired brain.

You watched as he slowly made his way over to you, eyes sad and tired as he stared at you.

"Writer."

He smiled softly at your quiet greeting, head tilting as his eyes inspected your form.

"Y/n," He breathed your name softly.

You furrowed your eyebrows, hand moving to rub your aching head.

"What happened?" You asked. "Am I dead?"

Writer chuckled, shaking his head slowly, his hands clasped together in his lap as he leaned forward.

"You were." He explained. "You gave your life...and Daesung lost his power...his army turned on him and took him somewhere where he cannot hurt anyone ever again."