Chapter 22: Rain

"Why does it always rain on the sad part?"

                                                         -Anonymous

"Y/n,"

Your body went rigid as Seokjin's hold on you tightened, his cool hands brushing the skin of your upper arms.

Unbeknownst to you, Seokjin's bright blue eyes were trained on the man that was now running towards the two of you, his golden-brown eyes wide with terror.

Jin squeezed his eyes shut, resting his chin on your shoulder.

"I'm sorry." he breathed, burying his face in the crook of your neck. "I'm so sorry."

Your brows furrowed, confusion covering your features.

You slowly opened your mouth to speak and give him words of comfort, but you were cut off before you could even begin.

"Get away from her!"

Your eyebrows jumped at Hoseok's distressed voice that rang out from behind you, your body slowly pulling away from Jin as you eyed the former warrior who was now running at full speed towards the two of you.

"Hoseok?" You tilted your head. "What are you-"

The young warrior suddenly gripped your forearm, pulling you to your feet in a swift motion and moving you to stand behind him as his eyes hardened on the spirit in front of him.

You glanced between the two men in utter confusion.

Can he see Jin? That's supposed to be impossible.

Seokjin released a heavy sigh as Hoseok unsheathed his sword, pointing it directly at him.

"What good do you think that will do?" He asked. "I'm dead, remember?"

Your blue eyes widened.

"Dead or not," Hoseok started. "I won't let you go anywhere near her."

The spirit's eyes softened at Hoseok's harsh words, his blue eyes falling to yours for a few moments before moving back to the man in front of him.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore.." He started. "I've decided to end it."

Hoseok scoffed, taking a step backwards and pulling you along with him.

"Why should I believe you?" He spat venomously. "You're a liar."

You blinked a few times, still trying to process exactly what was going on in front of you.

"You can see him?" Your voice came out as a soft whisper, catching Hoseok's attention.

The former warrior stared at you for a few seconds before nodding.

"I can."

You frowned.

"But-But I thought.." You trailed off, moving your gaze to Jin. "How can he see you?"

Seokjin bit his lip, turning his head away from you.

"Y/n," Hoseok spoke. "There is something you need to know.."

You tilted your head, eyes wide with innocence as your stomach began to churn uncomfortably.

"What is it?" You whispered, terrified of the answer.

The former warrior took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a few brief moments before once again opening them to stare at you.

"The reason I can see him.." He took a deep breath, head hanging. "Is because I'm the reason he's like this..."