Chapter 6: Sight

"Many have sight, but few have vision."

                                                 -Naren Nagin

A loud hum of contentment left your parted lips as your bare body began to sink deeper into the warm water that surrounded you, all stressful thoughts leaving your mind for a brief moment as the scent of rose petals filled your nostrils.

After your brief encounter with Writer all you could do was stress. Stress about your future here, stress about the decisions that had to be made...stress about...marrying Jungkook.

It wasn't that you didn't like him or that you despised him, after all, you had only just met him...and that was the problem. Yes, you had known two other versions of the young Emperor but both were completely different...there weren't a lot of similarities between them...but they were both....semi-quiet....which could not be said for this version.

Although, he was entirely opposite to the other Jungkooks you had known, you didn't really mind him that much...you actually found his childlike behavior refreshing...everyone else you had met so far was always business like and worried for your safety...but Jungkook...he seemed to only take pleasure in the positive...not really dwelling on any negative thoughts.

He was also....caring.

Moments after Writer left, Jungkook reappeared, saying that he wished to talk with you about "wedding preparations", and you of course, were not in the mood to even think about a wedding...you thought that he would over look that though, as most men did, and carry on any way...but he didn't...in fact, as soon as he saw your distressed look, he called the servants and told them to draw you a hot bath.

You made a mental note to thank him later.

This was definitely an experience you did not get often.

Don't misunderstand, you took plenty of baths in Egypt...but the water always had to be heated in the kitchen and delivered to your room bucket by bucket....which meant that the water was always luke-warm at best...but this water was steaming hot....just the way you liked it.

Sighing, you allowed your naked body to submerge even further, until the water reached just below your nose, leaving enough room for you to breathe.

This was nice.

"Y/n!"

A loud squeal left your lips as you jumped up in shock, arms crossing over your chest defensively as your chest heaved due to your deep breathing.

Jungkook let out a chuckle at your frazzled state, his laugh echoing against the walls of the empty bath house.

Your eyes widened as you took in his bare form, eyes raking over his chest and toned torso before moving to stare at the wooden walls that surrounded you.

"Ju-Jungkook!" You exclaimed, covering your eyes as he lowered his body into the water. "What are you doing?!"

He tilted his head in amusement, his smile never leaving his face as he moved closer to you.

"I am bathing." He deadpanned, eyes raking over your submerged body.

You mentally thanked god that you had the sense to tell the maids to pour soap in the water, making it clouded so that no one could see what lied underneath...A.K.A. your naked body.

You hugged yourself tighter, trying to look anywhere but the man in front of you, face never changing from a deep shade of red.

"I-I meant; what are you doing here....with me?"