Chapter 14: Exceptions

"We live; we feel; we hurt. The world makes no exceptions."

                                                                                      -Balthazar Getty

"Do you think I'm stupid?"

Hoseok's voice broke the fragile silence that had surrounded the annoyed spirit only moments before, his blue eyes rolling in annoyance as his eyebrows jumped up.

"So, you've finally decided to stop pretending like you can't see me?" Jin asked in a snarky tone, gaze hardening as he watch the former warrior clench his jaw in anger.

Ah, yes.

Hoseok.

When Jin had first become a spirit, he was terrified, lonely. No one could see him, no one could hear him or touch him...or at least that's what he thought....Until one day he caught the young gardener's wide eyes lingering on his ghostly figure for a second too long.

He could remember how relieved he felt that someone could see him, that someone would finally be able to speak with him...He was wrong...or at least that's what Hoseok wanted him to believe. As soon as the ghost approached him, he turned a blind eyes, ignored him, never once spoke to him or even glanced in his direction....Jin thought he was crazy at first, that he had imagined it....But then he learned the truth.

You see, mortals cannot see ghosts or spirits.....well, most mortals...

But there are exceptions.

Being a ghost meant the Seokjin had a lot of free time on his hands, which he mostly spent in the library, reading anything that he could get his hands on....it would take every once of his strength just to pick up a scroll and read it..

He was alone. Which meant that he had no one to explain to him what was going on...so he began to search for himself, reading everything he could about spirits of the past and how they can move on from this terrible limbo of loneliness. That was the day that he stumbled upon something very interesting...

Mortals can't see ghosts....However there are exceptions...

Only two people can see spirits...The Oracle...and the person who was responsible for his death....A.K.A. Jung Hoseok.

"Now, you listen and you listen good, spirit." Hoseok spat out. "I know exactly what you're planning and I will not allow you to fulfill your sick wish!"

Jin frowned, rolling his eyes.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Hoseok."

The former warrior sent him a hard glare, taking a step forward.

"I know about the ritual." He stated.

Seokjin froze under his intense gaze, his mind soaking up the words that had just been spoken to him.

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't figure it out?!" He continued.

The handsome ghost hardened his expression.

"You should mind your own business and stay away from me." He smirked. "After all, you've been doing it so well for all these years."

Hoseok took another step closer, his chest beginning to heave in anger.

"This is madness and you know it!" He exclaimed. "She will never go through with it!"

"She won't have a choice!"

The young gardener pulled on his hair angrily, his frustration growing.

"I'm tired of being like this!" Jin reasoned, extending his arms out. "I can't touch. I can't live. I can't feel. I'm trapped in a box, forced to watch as the world moves on without me. I'm stuck here. Alone. Captive to my own thoughts.. I can feel my last bit of sanity slowly beginning to fade away...It's Hell and I can't take it anymore!"