Chapter 17: Golden II

"These are the golden days."

                                      -Anonymous

Jungkook's chest heaved in anxiety as his feet slowly approached your figure from behind, his hands sweaty in fear as he struggled to calm himself.

He was determined not to fail. He knew what was on the line. He knew what was demanded of him....

But today was the first time he would be completely alone with you...It would be the first time that his deceased father wasn't taking control of his every movement and word.

Jungkook was extremely nervous.

For the first time in years....He was free.

And he didn't want to screw it up.

Not when they were so close.

But...the more the thought about it...the more his skin crawled in disgust. He wanted no art in the sick game his father was playing...he didn't want to hurt you or anyone else for that matter...he didn't even want to rule.

Ever since he was a young boy his father had taught him to always follow orders and do as he was told. He always told him that everything he did was for Jungkook's benefit...That he only wanted him to succeed in life.... And Jungkook was happy to believe it....

Until two years ago.

A shiver ran down his spine as he mind flashed back to that dreadful night when everything changed.

He could still smell the thick scent of blood as the red liquid dripped into the lily pond,he could still hear the loud splash as his limp body fell into the cool water, he could still see Daesung's smirking face as he pulled the knife from his own brother's chest....Killing Jungkook's one and only uncle.

The former Emperor.

Jungkook was scared. He had no idea what to do in that situation...Luckily, his father was unaware of his presence...

He was disgusted with himself, he hated his father for killing one of the only family members he had....the only family that truly cared for him...

In a fit of rage...Jungkook planned his revenge.

He snuck into his father's chambers while he was sleeping...and he stabbed him in the heart....

He killed him.

What he could not have prepared for was the fact that his father's spirit would come back to torment him and drag him down the dark path he had once walked upon...Jungkook was reluctant at first. He would ignore him, act like he didn't even exist....but then his father soon discovered that he could possess Jungkook's body and nothing had been the same since then...

He was a prisoner in his own body, watching as his father lived his life as a tyrant and an evil person....day after day. Week after week. Month after month... Until Jungkook had grown tired...

He became submissive to his father's wishes, obeying every command and order he would give and in return he would gain brief moments of freedom...But never anything like today.

He had never been free for an entire day before and the thought alone was enough to make his feel nervous. He had grown so accustomed to sitting back and watching while his father ruined his good name..he had no idea how to act or carry himself. He was confused to say the absolute least.....

"Oracle." His voice came out soft, despite his attempt to seem angry.

He watched as you slowly turned around to face him, an annoyed expression instantly falling over your features.