Chapter Two - Congress of the Sextet Lineage

Chapter Two

Congress of the Sextet Lineage

++ ++ ++++

Tokyo, Japan

The whirling sound of the Helicopter blades makes Hunter more anxious as each passing minute annoys the hell out of him. Sighing deeply for he knows that there's nothing he can do about the situation as he just stares at the crescent moon basking the snow-capped mountain from afar with its mystical light. He can now see Toranomon Hills, home of one of the tallest buildings in Japan that proudly stand in the sea of light of the metropolis. Hunter spotted one of the building's helicopter pad and nods at Eli as he readies himself. The helicopter flew in closer, ten meters away from the helipad, as Hunter and Eli jumped off from the helicopter and landed gracefully on their feet at the rooftop. They were welcomed by an old man in an expensive yukata and a woman in a black and white corporate suit, waiting for them.

"The meeting has begun, she's waiting, Hunter-sama. You were right this might be the worst for humanity." The old man said while walking towards the elevator bank. Suddenly they all felt a surge of mana and abruptly turn their heads southwards.

"Humans, you're nearing the event horizon of Auctorem Retributio!"

All of them heard von Raksha's warning. Putting an uneasy feeling in their hearts. 'Auctorem Retributio? What the hell is that?'

"What the flying fuck? How can he do that?" baffling Eli as his gaze never peels the eerie sign above.

"Tsk tsk. That man is powerful enough to mentally convey his message all over the world?" As Yamamoto offered his hand to his secretary which stumble as she loses her balance due to the sudden surge of mana.

"Our priority is to know who the masked man is and to know what he can do. The interview was too vague to get more information. So I need to go there immediately to confront the man. The moment he flaunts his power like that was a clear violation of the number one law of the convention itself. So he must be hunted Jiji. Is he there? I need his po-" Hunter was cut off again and immediately turns his head southward, as he felt a gut-wrenching feeling that makes him almost throw up. Both Eli and the old man stares at Hunter as they all felt another surge of mana that weakens their knees.

"Again what is this monstrous power?" Eli widens his eyes as he suddenly heard horrifying cries that shook his core. "What the fuck were all those cries?"

"We should haste to the meeting. I have a hunch that we are too late..." Hunter said as he wipe away his cold sweats.

Two large carved wooden doors with ornate metalwork greeted Hunter and those with him. Eli and the old man stopped on their track as they know they can't enter the room while the meeting is on-going. Both of them nodded and motion Hunter to join as they wait in the receiving area.

As Hunter opens the door, a handmade river table made of solid oak with legs made of metal coated in matte black color. The unique combination of the Tree rings to bring out the effect of the variety of colors made the minimalistic design of the conference room alive. Sitting at the end of the table is a beautiful man in silver hair wearing a Jacquards martini suit that fits his slim body perfectly. The front two chairs in the left and right of the man in silver suit are visibly empty. On the other end of the table is a gorgeous looking woman in her late 30's that wears a black peplum jacket and a pencil skirt, next to her seating at her left side, is another beautiful lady in an olive green Grecian inspired jersey dress that compliments her silky white skin. The woman in a jacket stands up in her red pumps, walks towards Hunter, and kissed him on his cheeks.