Chapter Ten - The Great Day of His Wrath

Chapter Ten

The Great Day of His Wrath

++ ++ ++++

Author's POV

Kyoto City University of Arts (KCUA)—established in 1880, it has the longest history in Japan as a public art university. It became a truly comprehensive art university after the merged with Kyoto City Junior of College of Music. A fund raising event is held every five years as the University exhibits a collection of various classical or modern arts, ranging from students made, up to world-renowned artists.

Now entering its third lustrum, additional displays of student's masterpieces will be shown tonight. The center encompasses two galleries, which differs in theme. The small gallery depicts humanity's frailty and demise, and as the other symbolizes, restoring faith in humanity.

Somewhere in an isolated room, adorned with arts and crafts, an old man that radiates wisdom and experience is bowing to express his gratitude to the Lady that exudes elegance and goodwill.

"Regrettably, the chairman couldn't attend this year's exhibition. But thank you for gracing us with your presence Lady Reina Hoshi, with your company's donation and participation, this year's auction will help many of those underprivileged and still in needs."

The man in his early 80's produced a wooden box that holds a glass cube, enclosing a pendant made out of Adamantite that accentuates different types of crystals and its main stone. "I can't fully express my gratitude, but please accept this rare cultural artifact as a token of our organization's gratitude." with the glass cube on his palm, he extends his arms and patiently waits for the Lady to accept his gift.

" with the glass cube on his palm, he extends his arms and patiently waits for the Lady to accept his gift

The Lady in his elegant black dress stares at the pendant as if appraising it with her experienced eyes. Prudent as she is, the Lady accepted the box in response to the old man's gesture.

"CEO Yamamoto, it's a pleasure to receive a gift from you" she received the box but put it on top of the coffee table

"CEO Yamamoto, it's a pleasure to receive a gift from you" she received the box but put it on top of the coffee table. She turns her head to the CEO, held the old man's hands and smiles,