Chapter Eight - Ambivalence

Chapter Eight

Ambivalence

++ ++ ++++

Eli's POV

It's been going for a year now, my relationship with Werner Nightbane, and Hunter is oblivious of this fact

It's been going for a year now, my relationship with Werner Nightbane, and Hunter is oblivious of this fact. The truth is I hid this to him because I was afraid that he would feel left out. These last few years were very crucial for him. Hunter reached the peak of his experimentation, and as his assistant, I have to support him, and thru our hard work, we both accomplished it.

After that event, we went back and forth between Annwn and the Human world for materials, such as Werewolf's and Fairy's cells, DNAs,  and lost ancient knowledge. We conducted extensive research on human-modification to enhance his power further. He solely focus all of his attention in developing and strengthening his body, to flourish his abilities. We became obsess in pursuit of knowledge to attain such power and eternity, of course, ehem, together with Arwyn and my help, we succeeded, thus made him the most powerful human to ever exist.

Ring, Ring

I immediately look at the screen display hoping that he's calling, but to my surprise, it's my grandfather.

"Yes Jiji, we'll be there at 6 pm sharp. . . " same old questions, jeez

"I'm on it, and we're about to." I already told you that before going here.

"Yes, and we're on our way as we speak. I'll update you." for the Nth time, I'll update you.

"What did he say?" Hunter asked while looking like a damn celebrity on a stroll. This always happens whenever he goes out in public places, with he's freaking height, god-like face and built. Anyone would turn their head and drool over his masculinity.

"Same old nagging, you know. Jiji and your mother jive so well with their perfectionism. He just wanted to know if everything goes well."

"Who are we meeting anyway?"

This idiot rechecks his wristwatch. Is he in hurry or something? This fucker, he's only organizing his office. He could have just asked her secretary to do those things.

"He's at Shidarezakura, just a few meters away more, so stop checking your wristwatch, or I'll poke your eyes! This is important to me as well, so stop stressing me out." 

Hunter, stopped me on our track and forcing me to face him.

"Then tell me who is it? You are really weird today, you know." 

"My boyfriend! There I said it!" out of frustration I told him with seriousness in my tone; I stare deeply into his eyes as he processes what I just said waiting for his reaction.

"What a load of BS, fine I'll stop, you drag me out here so you'll pay for my lunch." See this idiot won't believe me, for him, to see is to believe. Should I be happy that he just shrugged it off or be upset that he did not believe his best friend? I'm shaking my head, smiling, thinking we're both fucking crazy. Ha Ha!