Chapter Fifteen - Peach Boy - Final Part

Peach Boy's Exhilarating Roller Coaster Ride

Hunter's POV

How long has it been since I quit smoking? Four years, or since the battle in Amicorum? I even forgot that I could get a pack from a vending machine here in Japan. The familiar bitter taste of nicotine, when the smoke touches my tongue as I inhale it, held it in my lungs and blew it out. I miss this, pondering while smoking, it gives me a sense of relaxation, and it clarifies my mind. I put out my first cigarette when a sudden melodic tone rings cutting my train of thoughts, I threw the cigarette-butt in the bin on my way back to the Tanaka's and took my phone from my pocket to see who's calling, its El. I put my phone on vibrates, knowing what he will say, but I'm not in the mood right now. I look at my wristwatch, and I didn't realize how late it was, it's already ten to eleven, sighing as I forgot I still have to go to the university by noon. Well, I'm not that drunk yet, although I want to be, to numb my frustration, I think I need a few more, and I'll continue drinking at home.

As I walk lazily on the well-preserved traditional street of Kyoto City, going back to the restaurant, my phone vibrates again, this time I have to answer it or else...

"Hello"

["Where the hell are you?"]

"I just took a breather, and took a detour here in Ninenzaka; I'm on my way back now. Three minutes I guess."

["Are you okay? We are cleaning up now, and Raz was asking for you."]

"Hmmm" What's wrong with me? It's like I'm sulking or whatever.

["Are you sure you're okay?"]

"Yeah, I'll be right there in a few."

++ ++ ++++

Most of the lightings here on the ground floor have already dimmed.

Moreover, I can see that they are still on the rooftop, so I decided to light another cigarette while I wait for them. As I draw the smoke into my lungs, I held it in for a few seconds and blew it out, I become pensive, thinking what has gotten into me? What drove me to walk a hundred meters, leaving my friends on the rooftop? Is it because of this damn cigarette? Did I miss this so much? Or was it because of my annoyance, that led to frustration?

Was it an hour-long? An hour of torture, of seeing Raz, so close to Arwyn than me? Does he really like my friend? I winced at the thought; I didn't know that it could be this painful, seeing the person you want so intimate with someone.

I didn't anticipate that it would hurt like this, and the scariest part is, he's not mine, we don't have a romantic relationship yet, and it's already hurting like hell.

An unrequited love, huh, so discouraging, this is the first time that I felt being rejected, so frustrating...

It wasn't like this when I was in college, although I did not entertain them much, I was a heartthrob. I inhale through the cigarette longer this time, holding the smoke for a few seconds to relieve my stress, and blew it all out but I unexpectedly cough as I exhale at the sudden comment of Raz behind me.

"I didn't know you're smoking Hunter-san?"

Covering my mouth as I cough, "Ahem ahem, what are you doing here, Raz?" for the love of god! He's so cute!

He swiftly rubs my back, "Hmm, you okay? I saw that there's a cloud of smoke, so I became curious."

"