Chapter Fifteen - Peach Boy Part Two

Peach Boy's Kiss of Death

Arwyn's POV

Contrary to popular belief that fairies are playful and tend to play practical jokes on humans, but I just happen to be aloof when I was a child. My father was a fairy, a member of FAE, and my mother was human. I was told that my father went to the Human world as an ambassador and was a member of the council. He met my mother and the rest was history. But to how they died was not clear to me, but something doesn't add up.

So, I would ask my half-brother back then about the accident then but he always dismisses me and would only say to repay our parent's love by studying hard and to grow as a good person. My older brother was a pure fairy but her mom died from a mysterious illness. Since then, he devoted his life to find a cure to avoid another unfortunate event in the future, studied medicine and became a Physician. His position went up unexpectedly when father died as he was appointed to be the ambassador. He's a typical older brother, Emrys-nii-san, but a doting one.

So, yes. I'm half, but it was never a reason for Fairy folks to tag me as not their own kind. Although I grew up without parents, I still have my doting pure Fairy brother and the elders who raised me with all the love anyone could give. It was overwhelming for a half breed and yet they love me as equal and even more. This made me strive to succeed in my chosen field, continually studying and constructing sophisticated magic that would be beneficial to my own kind as repayment. With my hunger for wisdom and satiating it with knowledge from all of over the world, I was deemed a genius of my generation. At a young age, scholars of Pluvia Silva already hailed me as a candidate as the next Sage of Arcadia, and yet it's not enough, I told them that there's more to learn out there thus I request for an indefinite leave in FAE (Faculty of Arcadia's Erudition), an academy where scholars all over Annwn converge, maintain standards, and trains knowledgeable Annwns in their particular field.

My brother feared that I would grow up as a recluse, that I would drown myself just by studying all my life; thus he made me friends with Hunter, and Eli ten years ago when we came here in the human world. And the rest is history, Hunter, Eli and I hit it off, with our likeness of constant studying to further our knowledge of discovering the unknown; hence we became best of friends. It's like a void in my existence was filled with our friendship, and I couldn't ask for more.

But why do I get the feeling as if I'm about to be killed? Although I erected a barrier all over the place to protect us from external influences, it can't block any attack from inside. The area is filled with dense energy, full of killing intent, and hostility towards me. Practically warning me not to make a wrong move or I'll perish. I sighed in exasperation, roll my eyes, and lift my glass of beer drinking it bottoms-up, thinking what transpired before this ridiculous situation.

Earlier

After talking to his guardian, Raz enthusiastically dragged his chair, put it in between Eli and me, and sat. This made Hunter shocked, for all we know, he expected Raz to sit beside him, and this made Eli, and myself chuckled while Wern er just shook his head.

When the adorable kid downed his second bottle of beer, he started to get quite pink on his cheeks, like a peach in season. Especially those plumped cherry lips, as they get wet and oily whenever he eats those succulent grilled meat, indeed, no man wouldn't be smitten by this pretty kid. No wonder Hunter is head over heels for this gorgeous creature beside me, but knowing my best friend, he's pretty deep, admiring one because of skin-deep beauty is not what he is, and this is the first time he's like this, as well. He is a playboy but to have this much admiration for this kid, then I surmised Raz is pretty special.