Chapter Twenty-One - Vetitum Ars

Chapter 21

Vetitum Ars (Forbidden Technique)

Werner's POV

"Aaargh, Damn, one point for the daemon, that punch really got me..." I got up from the bed of broken trees and rubbles, of which that daemon punch made for me. Good thing I already released half of my power and hardened my abdomen before that attack or else I'll be coughing blood now and Eli will surely get angry at me because of negligence.

Not that it hurts so much, but that attack took me by surprise when it sent me a hundred meters away. As I'm dusting off the dirt in my hands and pants, I felt a surge of Maxim Dolor's wicked mana, causing the ground to tremble again. What does that vicious Nephilim up to now? With my in-ear monitor, I radioed Arwyn for an update.

[Arwyn, how long until the Speculum?"]

[Any minute now]

[El my love, what's your status?]

[Escaping and laying traps of course. The bulky daemon went ballistic; I think I pissed him off. So get your firm ass here!]

I chuckled at my fiancé's order; it was somewhat authoritative yet seductive.

[My well-toned ass is on its way back now, just tell me when to strike.]

I should get serious now, with these crazy Omen Malum members as an opponent, anything could happen. I heightened my senses again, as I sped off to Eli's location, and in a matter of seconds, I was already in the area and saw the daemon trapped and getting electrocuted. I halted several meters away and hid my presence, as I wait for the right moment to strike, with my heightened senses, as if time slowed down I see those pellets of explosives rain upon the daemon and showers him with series of explosions.

As expected with my love, the trap master, he's really tedious with his craft and heartless when it comes to his prey. Scary and yet, fascinating.

[love, he's pretty hurt and discombobulated. Strike when the smoke dissipates mid-way before he regains his vision."]

[On it, love]

Cruel as it may seem, but Eli worked hard to lay down his traps carefully and strategically lure his opponent into them. If I miss the window of opportunity to strike, my fiancé will get angry. Every weapon in his arsenal will be on my ass, worst he'd deprive me of sex for a month. So fuck the pitiable enemies before us, I couldn't care less. I waited for two seconds, right before I come out of my hiding, the surrounding turns grey; clearly an indication that the Speculum was already up. I didn't waste more time and saw the right moment to strike. Using my speed, I went behind the bloody daemon, putting my thumb next to my pointer finger, forming my right hand like the sharpest lance out there, and thrust through the daemon's back. His blood splatters and a streak of blood hit me on my cheek.

"You should know by now, daemon, that your efforts are futile, you're completely at a disadvantage against us. However you further boost your agility, my mate could counter it with his toys, and all I do is to wait for you to slightly deviates your attention and hit you whenever you're unguarded."

I pulled my hand and kicked the shocked daemon, sending him flying to the boulder nearby. I shook my hand to rid of the daemon's blood; we are his worst enemy, with my speed and Eli's tactical planning, bulky daemon like him will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I was alerted when I smelled a faint rusty smell of blood. I focus on my surroundings and detect every possible incoming attack. I sensed two lesser daemons on their way here and a vampire nearby.