Hurtful Words

When we went downstairs I spotted Colby instantly with some girl dancing together. I tried to just ignore him and with the help of Devyn and Kat, I was able to.
We were all dancing together and I already felt a small buzz. I actually felt pretty good but I didn't want to get too carried away so I went to get a water.
As I was searching the bucket full of ice and waters, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
When I looked up I saw a guy with beautiful sage green eyes, a great smile and short dark hair looking at me.
"Hey." I say tucking some of my hair behind my ear.
"Hey, I hope it's okay if I introduce myself."
I laugh covering my mouth with my hand.
"I hope that you'd introduce yourself. I'd like to know your name so when I gossip with my friends about the cute guy I met tonight they know who I'm talking about."
He smirks and puts his hand out for me to shake.
"Brennen."
My jaw drops.
"You're Brennen?"
He nods and I smile.
"It's nice to meet you. I've heard about you but I didn't know I'd be meeting you so soon."
"Well, I saw you across the room a couple times. You're beautiful." He says scratching the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact with me.
"Well, thank you. I'm Aurora, by the way. You can call me Rory, though." I say and his eyes grow big.
"You're Rory?"
"Yeah. I just moved in to the house today so a lot of people have said that to me. I guess Sam talks about me a bit."
"Colby too. That's uh why I don't know if its a good idea to talk to you much longer."
My brows furrow together and I shrug.
"Why? Colby hasn't spoken to me in over four years. If you want to talk to me, talk to me." I say stepping closer to him.
My hand waterfalls down his arm and I bite my lower lip, looking up into his green eyes.
He looks around and I follow his lead looking to see exactly where Colby was.
"Hey, do you want to go out back? It's a little more private." He asks and I nod my head.
He takes my hand and we sneak out to the backyard over by the side of the house and sit down together.
"So, what do you do?" He asks and I smile.
"I sing. I'm actually here in California to record the rest of my first album."
"No way! You must have a decent following then."
"I mean it grows everyday but the people who support me are amazing."
"If you're doing a gig anytime soon, I'd love to come."
"Thanks, here give me your phone and I'll text you when I know about any of them." I say as he hands me his phone and I put my number into his contacts.
"Are we going to hear you sing tonight?"
"I don't know, the girls asked me earlier but I'm not sure if it'll happen. There's always the next party." I say shrugging.
"Rory, I know that we just met but I was wondering if you'd like to hang out together, alone. Not at a party."
I smile, blushing.
"I'd love to, Brennen."
"Great. When are you free next."
"I don't have anything going on tomorrow night."
"Perfect. Have you ever been to Disney Land?"
My jaw drops and I get excited.
"I haven't."
"I guess tomorrow will be your lucky day then."
I shift onto my knees and wrap my arms around Brennen.
"I'm so excited."
His hands land on my hips and I pull back just enough to see his face.
"I'm excited to get to know you, Rory." His left hand finds my face and cups my neck.
I lean into him and a moment later we're making out. I find my way onto his lap and he kisses my neck.
"Brennen,"
"Gosh you're so beautiful."
His hand squeezes my exposed thigh and I find myself getting hot.
"Do you wanna go hang out I my room?" I ask and he nods.
We head towards the inside of the house hand in hand and when we walk in, to my surprise I bump into the back of someone.
"Hey watch it," He begins as he turns around but then his skin goes pale and his ice blue eyes grow into saucers.
"Rory?"
"Colby."
He goes to hug me but I push him back.
"Don't touch me."
"Why? I've missed you so much." He tries to hug me again and I push him again.
"I said, don't touch me, Colby. I don't want anything to do with you."
The room around us goes quiet and everyone looks at us.
"Rory, what's going on. Aren't you and Colby really good friends?" Brennen asks and I smile.
"Is that what you say to make yourself feel better? That's were great friends?" I ask looking at Colby with my arms crossed on my chest.
"We are friends." Colby says and I roll my eyes.
"Some friend you are, Colby. Hey, weren't you gonna call me after you landed here in California over four years ago? At the very least, I would have expected you to call and congratulate me on my first EP but that didn't happen either."
"I wanted to,"
"You did? Because it sure as hell doesn't seem like you wanted anything to do with me after you kissed me. Did you decide that you actually didn't like me like you or were you just wanting to fuck with my emotions. Something that you also told me you weren't trying to do."
"Rory, I swear I wasn't trying to fuck with your feelings."
"Well you did, Colby. You left me wondering what the hell I did wrong for two years. But the truth is, you're the person who was in the wrong."
He started to tear up and I needed to get away from him.
"I'm sorry."
"Fuck you, Colby. Come on, Brennen." I say before grabbing Brennen's hand and walking towards the stairs.
"Hold the fuck up, Brennen, you know how I feel about her." Colby said walking after us.
Brennen let's go of my hand and looks at Colby shrugging.
"Apparently she doesn't feel the same."
Before I knew what was happening, Colby punched Brennen in the face. I immediately got in between them and Colby threw me aside like I was nothing.
I watched as Sam and Jake pulled the guys apart and I stood up and walked straight to Colby and looked him in the eyes.
"If you ever lay your hands on me like that again, I will never talk to you again. And until you're sober enough to give me a genuine apology and not punch people in the face, I don't want you to talk to me at all." I turned to leave and the next words he said made my blood boil and tore my heart to shreds.
"You're an ugly slut, who'll never go anywhere." He said with a snarl.
My lip quivered and my eyes watered as I turned around to face him.
A second later my hand collided with his face and I took a deep breath.
"Don't talk to me ever again, Colby."
I pushed my way through the crowd and Brennen followed me upstairs. As soon as we were in my room I couldn't hold my tears in any longer and he held me as I cried.
"He's such an asshole."
"I'm sorry he said that about you."
"Nothing he could ever say to me would make up for what he just said."
He rubs my back and I wipe my eyes.
"I'm sorry he punched you." I say placing my hand on his cheek.
"Don't worry about it okay?"
"Gosh, I should have never come to stay here."
"I'm happy you did."
"You got punched by Colby, because of me."
"Listen, Colby's drunk right now. Tomorrow he'll probably just remember what he wants to. It doesn't give him the right to do what he did or said but he just wasn't in his right mind."
I nod.
"Don't let his stupid words keep you guys from becoming friends again. I know that he doesn't mean what he said about you."
A tear rolls down my face again and he wiped it away.
"I should go." He says standing up and I grab his hand.
"Please, can you just lay with me. At least until I fall asleep."
He looks at me and nods.
I pull the sheets back on the bed and slide against the wall and he gets in next to me.
"Brennen?"
"Yeah?"
"Thank you."
"For?"
"Being a friend."