Meddle

Colby had loaded everything in his car while I said my goodbyes to everyone in the house, before we left to the airport.
The car ride was pretty quiet. I didn't really want to think about leaving him, and it broke my heart that I wouldn't be able to see him for a month.
Colby helped me check my bags, in and then Kane let me know that we were getting ready to leave. I nodded and then looked up at Colby with tears in my eyes.
"Come here." He says with his arms wide open and I hugged him so tight.
I didn't want to let go.
"You have no idea how hard this is for me." I said and he tilted my head up to look at him.
"You're going to be okay. I promise that we'll try and talk at least every night, okay?"
I nodded and he leaned down to kiss me.
"You better go." He says and I nod.
"I know."
I kept hugging him though and I heard him laugh.
"Rory, you need to go." He says and I sigh.
"Fine."
He kissed me again, and then I grabbed my backpack before stepping back, and getting ready to turn around.
"We'll talk soon. Let me know how your flight goes okay?" He says and I nod again.
He goes to leave and everything in me yearned to grab onto him, so I did.
He looks back at me and smiles.
"Rory-" He starts but I shush him.
"Don't shush me!" He says with a laugh.
"Just let me say something." I say and he lets me grab his other hand.
"What do you need to say?" He asks calmly and I take a deep breath.
I feel all these nerves boil up in my chest, because I'd been trying to push these feelings away for so long so I could protect my heart. So I wouldn't get hurt. However, I couldn't push it aside any longer. I knew what I had to tell him.
"Colby, I..." I start, my voice wavering.
He looks at me and my heart flutters.
"I love you."
He immediately picks me up and spins me in circles kissing me all over my face.
I can't help but laugh.
"Colby...Colby! Put me down, man!" I say and he does, but he keeps hugging me.
"I'm so happy you feel that way." He says.
"I do, and I couldn't leave without telling you."
"Okay, but you seriously need to go. So, get your butt outa here." He says kissing me and then turning me around.
"Bye, Colby." I say with a smile.
"Bye, my love."
I climb the stairs of the private plane and meet Kane who's sitting towards the back of the plane.
"Ready, kid?" He asks and I nod.
"Yeah, I'm ready."
***
Three weeks Later~
I stood on stage in Phoenix, AZ and the crowd cheered as I had finished my song.
"Wow, thank you all for all this amazing energy tonight! I've been blessed having this opportunity to tour with Billie. She's been incredibly kind to share stages all over the country for the last few weeks. So give it up for Billie!"
The entire crowd erupts in cheers, screams and whistles that vibrates in my chest until they settle down again.
"I've got one more song that I'd like to perform before Billie comes out. This song is off my first ever album and it's called, 'Lost Without You'. If you know the words, sing along with me."
I take a seat at the piano to the left of me, and begin playing.
To my surprise, some people sing along with me and I smile as the tempo begins to quicken and the beat kicks in. I stand and dance around the stage. As rehearsed, Billie comes out and starts singing with me for the last chorus and the crowd goes wild.
After the chorus ends I go front stage.
"Billie Eilish, everyone!"
She waves then goes off stage so I can finish the rest of the song. Everyone starts waving their arms in the air left to right as the song begins to slow. As I sing the last words of the song, I feel so much emotion build up and I can't keep any of it in.
As the crowd cheers, I thank them all again and bow as the stage lights go dark and I make my way off stage.
"Rory, that was the best performance so far." Billie tells me and I smile.
"Thank you. It was an absolute blast tonight."
"Well go rest up, go eat something, go call your man. Whatever you need to do." She says and I nod before making my way to the dressing room.
Inside, Kane is waiting for me and I sigh as I sit on the couch.
"Tonight was insane, Kane. I had so much fun."
"Good. Some food is on the way. I'll leave so you can call, Colby."
He stands and I sit up grabbing my phone from him.
"Thanks, Kane."
As I click my phone on I notice there's a text from Brennen.
"Rory, I need to talk to you about Colby..."
I look at it for a moment. At first I was just going to erase it but my curiosity got the better of me.
"What about, Colby? What's going on?"
A minute or so later my phone digs and it's a reply from Brennen.
"Can I call?"
I sigh and I write him back that he can.
A second later my phone rings and I pick it up.
"What's up?" I ask.
"Well, there's not really an easy way to say this. I hate that I have to tell you while you're away but I couldn't not tell you."
"What? Is he okay? Did something happen?"
"Oh, he's fine but you might want to sit down if you're not already." He says and I lean back on the couch.
"What's going on, Brennen?"
"We'll while you've been gone, Colby and I have hung out a few times and... well, when we went to the club one night he met this girl,"
"What are you talking about? I didn't even know you and Colby were on hanging out terms right now."
"Well I had apologized to him and we settled our shit, but that's not what's important right now. Rory, Colby has been hanging out with this girl since he met her at the club and he just texted me saying that he slept with her."
Everything around me stopped. My heart felt like it was going to break into a million pieces, and all I wanted to do was disappear. At the same time however, I was in a bit of denial.
"You had to have read it wrong. He said he loved me."
"Rory, I know that you might not believe it but he's been hanging with her for the last few days. I'm honestly surprised that you haven't seen the pictures."
"Brennen, I don't have time to look at pictures online. I just spoke to Colby last night and he told me that he loved me and couldn't wait to see me!"
"Rory, I'm sorry. I just thought you should know. I know it's hard to believe me but at the end of the day, it's the right thing to do. I'll send you the pictures."
"I don't even know what to say."
"I don't expect you to say anything. Just try to stay positive. I'm sorry, Rory."
"Goodbye, Brennen." I say hanging up the phone.
I couldn't help but stand up and throw my phone against the wall as hard as I could as I screamed loudly.
I was furious and heartbroken.
A second later, Kane ran into the room and looked at me with wide eyes.
"What happened? Are you okay?"
As my anger faded away into unbearable sadness, I broke out into tears and fell to the grown.
"Rory? What the fuck happened?" Kane asked kneeling down next to me.
"That fucker, he fucking cheated on me!"
***
A few days ago...
Colby's P.O.V.-
I was sitting in my room editing a Sam and Colby video when my phone dinged and popped up with a message from Brennen.
"Bro, we need to talk."
"I don't want to talk to you, B."
"Well don't. I just feel like we need to make up. We're such good friends and you're like a brother to me, man."
I sighed and rubbed my eyes putting my phone down.
A minute later it dinged again.
"Come on man, let's go hang out and I'll buy dinner and drinks."
I looked at the time. It was 7:00 and I hadn't eaten yet. My stomach grumbled as I thought about food and I sighed texting him back.
"Where we eating at?"
"Anywhere you want, Colby. It's my treat for being such an ass."
"Fuck, fine man. But it's only because I'm starving."
"Be there in, 20." He replied back to me and I decided to get dressed.
I waited outside after I got ready, and a minute or so went by before he pulled up on the other side of the street. I walked over and got into the passenger seat of the car.
"Hey," I say closing the door.
"Hey, Brother." He said extending his hand out.
"Just drive." I said leaving him hanging.
He cleared his throat and started to drive.
"So, where we eatin?" He asked.
"I guess... Chipotle." I say looking out the window.
Everything in me wanted to punch him into tomorrow but I was trying my best to stay calm.
"Alright. Hey, after I thought we could go pick up Sam and a couple other guys and go to the club."
"Dude, don't push it. Your lucky I decided to come."
"Okay, okay. I understand. My bad."
We got to Chipotle and went in and ordered before sitting down at the booth towards the back.
As we waited for food, Brennen started his so called apology.
"Colby, obviously I wanted to apologize. I know that you're mad about more than me just being with Rory. I know you're also mad that I cheated on her. I was weak and in the process of doing what I did, I lost both you and Rory. But you know me man, I'm not cheater. Not normally. I was just jealous because of the relationship that you and Rory were creating and I got a little shit faced on night and one thing lead to another..." he said taking a drink of his water.
"You had the most amazing girl in the world, Brennen! You have no idea how badly I wanted to pummel your ass six feet under, when you told me you had hooked up with another girl. Especially, when you had her and I didn't. All I was trying to do while you both were still together was get my friend back. But everything happens for a reason, and now I've got my girl."
He nodded.
"I know man, and you are right. After she left my apartment that day, I tried to call her and apologize. I wanted to tell her I was sorry but she didn't answer. I should have never cheated on her."
"Well, like I said, she's mine and as long as she's with me, you will treat her with the upmost respect. Because if you ever fuck with her again our friendship is over." I say pointing at him.
He raises his hands and nods.
"Of course. I'd never think about doing anything to hurt her again."
I swallowed and took a deep breath.
"Are we good?" He asks and I nod.
"Yeah, were good. For now."
After we ate, we went to Brennen's apartment to meet up with some of our friends.
We all pregamed for about an hour before walking over the the nearest club.
A few hours later I had met this girl who was pretty cool. Her name was Brianna.
"You here alone?" She asked me over the blaring music.
"I'm with some friends of mine, actually." I yelled back.
"Oh, well do you wanna dance?" She asked.
"Uh, probably not. My girl would be pissed."
"Is she here?"
"No. She's on tour."
"Well... we should dance then." She says stepping closer to me and I step back.
"Sorry, you can hang out with us tonight but nothing else is gonna happen."
"Wow, you must really love her." She says.
"I do."
"Well, if you don't mind I would like to hang with you and your friends."
"Sure, let's head over."
A few hours later, we're all ready to go and I had decided that I wanted to go back to the trap house so I got a lyft and waited outside for it to arrive.
"Can I car hop with you?" Brianna asked as I sat on the curb waiting for the lyft.
She sat down next to me.
"Sure."
We waited for the car and when it pulled in front of us, I opened the door for her.
"Good evening." The driver says as I closed the door.
"Good evening. There's two stops that need to be made." I say.
Bri gives the driver her address and then we're off.
"Do you mind if I take a picture with you?" She asks.
"No. Not at all."
She takes a few and then a few minutes later, the driver pulls out in front of an apartment building.
"This is me." She says looking at me.
"Have a goodnight, Bri."
"Goodnight, Colby."
***
Back to present day-
I was laying in bed getting ready to go to bed when my phone dinged.
It was Rory, but she wasn't happy.