A Big Question

Two Weeks Later...
Colby's P.O.V.-
Today Rory and Brooks were meeting up to talk about the collaboration on his song. When I walked into Rory's room she was getting ready.
"Morning, babe." She said looking at me in the reflection of her mirror.
"How's my girl?" I asked wrapping my arms around her.
"I'm okay I guess." She said sighing.
"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours, Rory?" I asked.
"I don't know why I'm just sort of nervous. Do I look okay?" She asked looking back at me.
I smiled.
"Rory, you're beautiful. You're so amazingly talented, and I know you'll be fine. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't be nervous because you're going to do great."
She smiled.
"I guess I'm just nervous because Kane is already talking about another tour." She said, her smile fading.
"Rory, I know that you're worried. But you really don't need to be."
"I know. I'm just going to miss you when I'm gone."
"What if... what if I traveled with you?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.
"You would do that?" She asked tearing up.
"I've been thinking about it. I figured that I could for at least a few of your shows. I've had some sponsored videos recently along with some brand deals and I've been saving a good amount of money from them."
She got up, hugged me tightly and began to cry.
"You have no idea how much that means to me, Colby." I kissed her forehead.
"I also talked with your dad. I told him I wanted to fly him out to see a few shows as well." I said.
She pulled back and her eyes were big and filled with even more tears.
"You... you did?" She asked.
I smiled nodding.
She kissed me many times and hugged me so tight I almost couldn't breathe, but I knew that she was just really happy.
"I love you so much. Oh my god, Colby!" She cried.
I held her until she was ready to step back and she took a deep breath before laughing as she looked in her mirror.
"So much for my makeup."
"You don't need it anyways. You're naturally beautiful." I said wiping away the black stream of liquid off her cheek.
She smiled.
"I love you, Rory." I said holding her hand.
"I love you too, Colby. So much."
I sat with Rory as she fixed her makeup and finished getting ready, and walked her out when she left. She was gone for a few hours during her meeting and so I spent my time with Sam and Kat.
"Man, can you believe we're moving out of here in like two months?" Sam asked me.
"I can't. It's crazy."
"I know. Have you guys found somewhere to live?" Kat asked looking at both of us.
"We've looked into a few apartment buildings." Sam said.
Kat looked at me and smiled.
"What?" I asked laughing a bit.
"Are you and Rory going to move in together?" She said with a hopeful smile.
"I don't know. We haven't talked about it. I think she's going to be gone when we actually move because she's going to be touring but I would probably keep her stuff."
"That is so sweet, Colby."
"Yeah. I mean I'd do a lot for her. Keeping her things is nothing."
"You should talk to her about it. I mean, you both have known each other for so long; I'm sure that she'd probably say yes." Kat said.
"We'll see. It's still so early in the relationship."
"Colby, I think that your relationship with Rory is a bit different then a normal couples relationship. I don't want to get all cheesy, but you guys are meant to be together. You both basically live together right now anyways." Sam said looking at me.
"I'll talk to her about it."
Later that night Rory came home with a super big smile on her face.
"Hey! You're in a good mood. The meeting must have gone well." I said as she came and sat down next to me.
"It was great. We going to record the song next week and release next month."
"That's great, babe." I said wrapping an arm around her.
"Also," she began. "I talked to Kane, and he told me that if you took care of the travel aspect of coming on tour with me that he could get you and my dad backstage passes every show that you go to for free." She said grabbing my hand and squeezing it.
"Really? That's awesome!" I said hugging her.
She sighed played with the hair on the nape of my neck.
"I feel like things are finally coming together." She said.
"I'm so proud of you, Rory." I said.
Pulling back she smiled at me.
"Thank you for supporting me. It means so much to me." She said placing a hand gently on my face.
I leaned into her hand closing my eyes and kissed her wrist softly.
"Rory?" I said a moment later opening my eyes again.
"Yes?" She asked raising an eyebrow.
"You know we have to leave the house in a few months," I started.
I was nervous. I didn't know how she'd react to me asking her to move in.
"Yes," She said with a smile.
"Well, I was thinking- and you don't have to, but I'd really like if- but you really don't have to- well," I said stumbling over my words terribly.
"Colby, words. Do you know how to speak them?" She asked playfully and I smiled running a hand through my hair shakily.
"Rory, when we move, do you want to move in with me?" I asked looking into her eyes.
She smiled and started to nod her head.
"Yes. Oh my god, yes!" She said hugging me and then kissing me.
"Thank god! I was so nervous." I said when we pulled apart.
"Really? I couldn't tell." She said with a wink.
"Shut up." I laughed covering my face.
"It's okay. It was really cute." She said.
I grabbed her hand and kissed her knuckles.
"This next year is going to be insane but I'm going to enjoy everything that happens because I'll be with you."
"Colby," She said with a smile again.
"I love you, Aurora."
"I love you, Brock."
For the next four weekends, Rory and I began looking around LA for a place together. Just as we were loosing hope, Sam told us about this really nice apartment building that he was considering moving into and so we decided to go view one of the apartments and we really liked it, so we decided to take it. We slowly started to move everything in since Rory was already almost finished with the rest of her album and the tour was coming up in a month. It wasn't a super big tour since she was still gaining an audience but they expected every venue she performed at to be either sold out or near that point.
Everyone in the trap house would be moved out by that point anyways so Rory and I decided that it would just be best to move in about a week and a half before we were needed to in order for everything to go smoothly.
We had talked to Sam about keeping an eye on the apartment while Rory and I were gone.
Soon, it was two days before we left for Rory's tour. We were unpacking boxes and also packing items we'd need while we were gone.
We listened to music and worked on the house until sunset before I asked if we should go for a walk outside before bed.
"I'd love to. I think we deserve a break." Rory said standing up from the couch where she'd been unpacking items for the kitchen and living room.
We left the house, locking the door behind us and began out walk down the street.
"Should we go get some food?" Rory asked with a smile grabbing my hand.
"Sure, that way we can look and see what's around here in the neighborhood." I replied.
We went and ate some dinner and then on the way back, Rory and I were in some deep conversation when someone bumped into her and didn't even stop to apologize.
At first I was just going to call him an asshole but when I turned and saw who it was, rage filled my entire body. It was Brennen.
After all this time, I thought I was over what he did to Rory and I, but without much thought, I walked up to him and grabbed him by the throat.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" I growled.
"I'm," Brennen gasped, "walking." He gasped again trying to get air.
"Colby, let go of him!" I heard Rory cry behind me.
"I didn't want to see you ever again. I think the reason for that is pretty clear. So next time, if you see us again, cross the street and go the other way. Better yet, don't ever come to this neighborhood again. Understand?" I said and Brennen nodded.
He was starting to get blue in the face so I let him go and took a deep breath.
Brennen was breathing heavily trying to get his heart rate back to normal and I grabbed Rory's hand.
"Let's go." I said and we started to walk away.
"Colby, you can't just go and strangle people out in a neighborhood that's surround with families and children." Rory said as we walked.
"I'm sorry. I know I over reacted but something came over me. All I could see was red."
"Promise me you won't ever do that again unless you have to." She said stopping us.
I looked down at her and lowered my head in shame.
"I'm sorry, babe. I promise I won't do it again."
She hugged me tightly and kissed my collarbone.
"I love you. Thank you for protecting me, but Brennen isn't worth the fight and another trip to jail." She said stepping back, resting her hand on my face again.
"I know. I'm sorry."
She had a small smile on her face and she pecked me on the lips.
"Let's go home alright?" She said before grabbing my hand again.
When we got home, Rory and I watched a movie and then went to our bedroom to go to sleep. However, I couldn't sleep. I was still so mad and I had a lot of anger built up at Brennen. He could have taken the love of my life away from me and he wouldn't have even cared.
Rory fell asleep pretty early so I got up out of the bed and went upstairs to work on one on my videos that I had filmed with Rory last week.
This video was a big deal. It was the video where we were announcing that we were together and we were both nervous but excited.
We figured that we'd have to address it sooner or later since we were living together. It was only a matter of time before our followers would put two and two together so we just figured that we would just rip the bandaid off and announce it together.
After I finished editing the rest of the video, I watched some tv for a few hours before I was finally tired enough to go to bed. It was 4:45 am in the morning. I knew that I had fucked myself over by staying up so late, but I'd just have to push through.
When I woke up, it was nine and Rory was already out of bed. I could hear her singing quietly in the room over from our bedroom and I got up and tip toed quietly so she wouldn't stop singing. It was beautiful and I wished that I could wake up every morning the same way.
However, a moment later I think she felt me looking at her and she turned gasping in shock.
"Holy shit! You scared me, Colby!" She said laughing.
I smiled and walked over to her.
"I'm sorry. I just wanted to keep hearing you sing."
I wrapped my arms around her.
"How did you sleep?" She asked pecking me on the lips.
"Uh, okay I guess."
She raised an eyebrow up at me.
"I know you're lying. You look exhausted still. Why didn't you sleep good? Was it about seeing Brennen yesterday night?"
I nodded.
"Colby,"
"I know. I just, I couldn't let it go. So I just stayed up until I couldn't anymore."
"And that was until when?"
"Like 4:45 in the morning." I said.
"Oh my gosh, babe." She said worriedly.
"It's fine, really."
She sighed.
"You need to let all that anger go, babe." Rory said running her hand through my hand and resting her hand on the back of my neck.
"I think I'll be okay tonight. I just, couldn't let it go last night but today I feel better."
"Okay, well if we need to go to the gym so you can punch something we can." She said with a smile.
"I think I'll be okay, babe." I said resting my forehead against hers.
"Alright. Well, I was just working on unpacking some more but because we leave tomorrow morning I suppose we should focus more on packing and then I figured that we should buy some snacks for Sam since he's gonna stop by every once and a while." She said standing up.
"Oh, babe I don't think Sam needs anything like that."
"Colby, it's nice. Will you text him and ask him what kind of snacks he wants?" She asked me. I laughed.
"Sure, babe."