26

"I'm sorry I was not good enough. But I tried to be."

''''

I looked up from the bowl of strawberries I was washing in the sink when I heard a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it!" Jungkook jumped up from the couch, leaving his phone there.

Wait. No

I quickly dried off my hands and followed Jungkook to the door.

Please don't be one of them.

"Jung-" I spoke, just about to pull him back from the door just as he opened it.

I lowered my hand and sighed lightly in relief. "Hi Yoongi."

"Sup." Yoongi nodded then grabbed something that was leaning against the wall beside him. "Jungle Man, help me with this."

My eyes widened when the box turned the corner.

It was an electric piano. Just as he promised he would get me.

"You didn't." I smiled wider than I ever had. Tears pricked at my eyes but I forced my smile to drown them. "Yoongi you're a little shit head."

"I agree with that sentence with no context." Taehyung called out from the kitchen. It sounded like he was eating something as well.

Despite him carrying half of the box, I ran up to Yoongi and hugged him.

He chuckled and hugged me as well, dropping the box.

"Don't worry about me." Jungkook grunted from behind me. "I'll just carry the keyboard by myself."

Jungkook's just being extra. Him and his muscles could break the keyboard in half if he really tried.

I wiped my eyes quickly after Yoongi and I released each other.

"Aish." He nudged me. "Be happy Freckles."

"I am." I protested, following him into the living room.

"Woah~" Jimin and Taehyung exclaimed as they watched Jungkook carry the box into the living room.

"Yoongi you're such a lady's man." Taehyung laughed as he sat on the couch.

"Take notes." He said smugly, opening up the box.

I helped him unbox the keyboard and set it up, it took us 10 minutes tops. The maknae line happily shared a conversation with us as we worked.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for the chocolate strawberries?" I asked as Yoongi walked to the door.

"Yeah I'm good. I've got some stuff to do." He smiled. "Have a goodnight."

"Bye Hyung!" The younger three called out from behind me.

"Drive safely." I smiled and closed the door.

——

"We might not heave any chocolate left." Taehyung said behind me. Him and Jungkook have been quiet lately.

Jimin and I were actually being productive and cleaning the strawberries.

"Taehyung I swear if you eat all of it." I turned around and watched Taehyung and Jungkook try to hide the chocolate chips behind them, but since they were sitting on the countertop, it was a bit harder to balance up there.

"We didn't eat all of it." Jungkook defended with a smile, chocolate on his cheek.

"Just most of it." Taehyung smiles proudly and popped another chocolate chip in his mouth.