28

"Please believe me. I'm only trying to protect you."

''''

"Yoongles!" I pounded on the door for the third time. "Open up! I have food!"

Just as I was ready to knock again, the door opened almost three inches.

"Hi Freckles." Yoongi spoke lazily. "You have food?"

"Let me in first then I'll give it to you."

Yoongi sighed. "Don't mess anything up."

"Alright." I nodded as he opened the door for me. I smirked at the doorway mat flipping me off as I walked in.

I made a beeline for the black couch and handed Yoongi his donuts. He plopped down on his chair, taking a bite of the glazed.

I locked eyes with the keyboard behind him.

"Move." I stood up and waited for him to move.

He rolled his eyes and sat on the couch and I rolled the chair in front of the keyboard.

I squinted through my glasses at the sheet music in front of me.

"I Need U?" I turned around to Yoongi. "Hate to break it to you, but that song is like four years old."

Yoongi shrugged. "I was reviewing it. I like playing it on the piano."

I turned back around and placed my hands where they should go for the song.

The beginning was quite simple, a chord in the left hand, then a short intro in the right. That repeated about three times before the left hand began some eighth notes and the right soon joined.

"Did you compose this?" I asked while I played slowly.

"Yeah." Yoongi stood up to throw his plate away.

I cringed while I played the wrong note.

"That's wrong." Yoongi said as he stood behind me.

"That's wrong." I scrunched my nose, mumbling under my breath, mimicking him.

"Get up. I'll show you how to play."

I stood up and crossed my arms as I watched Yoongi set his hands on the piano, his fingers shaking slightly.

"Yoongles." I smiled. "Are you nervous?"

"I'm never nervous." Yoongi clenched and unclenches his fingers to stop them from shaking.

I smiled slightly once he started playing.

I watched his eyes drift close as he let his fingers do the magic.

It's beautiful, it really is. It does matter how long it is, but the story it tells.

A desperate soul, trying to find aid in the one it loves. But being denied, and crumbling in despair.

Yoongi played with such emotion, the story came so easily to me. The joy, then the sad realization, a final try in desperation, and finally the defeated goodbye.

"Did that sound nervous to you?" Yoongi smirked up at me, his hands in his lap as he slouched slightly, the story complete.

"I heard one slip up." I lied with a smug look on my face.

"Aish what a liar." He got up and stood beside me. "You're turn."

"I can't go after you." I joked as I sat in his spot. "It's just going to go down hill from here."

"Quite possibly, but I'm still going to make you play."

I smiled and placed my fingers on the piano and started to play

"You counted that wrong." Yoongi pointed to tied note. "It's two and a half beats, not three."

I nodded and tried again.

"Good." Yoongi nodded. "That part should be louder and lead up to the next part."

"Agreed." I played it again, louder this time.

"Now you just need the speed which you'll get later." Yoongi walked towards the door. "You can leave now."

"Yoongi, what would you do if you're about to lose a friend?" I asked, still in his chair.

Yoongi removed his hand from the door handle.

"Well, I would tell my friend how much they mean to me and see how they respond. If it's negatively, then I would let them go. If they responded positively, then I would talk with him further and see how we can resolve the conflict." Yoongi leaned against the door.

"But What if your friend would only forgive you if you told them something you really do not want to."

Yoongi frowned

"Well, it would depend on how much this person means to me. If they mean a lot to me, then I would reveal whatever it is, no matter the pain because I wouldn't want to lose them." He paused. "If I could stand to lose the person and they only bring me pain, then I would not tell them."

I nibbled on my fingernail as he spoke, following along. "Thanks. I needed that." I walked to the door and reached for the knob.

Yoongi grabbed my arm as I walked passed him. "Minjee, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." I lied, reassuring him, but hurting myself. "It's for a different blog I'm writing."

Yoongi nodded, and released my arm.

"I'm going to be talking with Junhee about posting on the website if you need me." I opened the door and started to walk away.

"Freckles!" Yoongi called out for me.

I turned around and waited for him to speak.

"If you need anything, I can help."

I smiled and gave him two thumbs up, making him roll his eyes and shut the door.

My smile dropped and I walked away, my eyes on the floor.

I'm sorry for lying.

——————-

End Of 28

I know how to play I Need U on the piano. Therefore, I am at the same level as Yoongi. (I wish lol)