THE BROKEN HEART

Mina's pov

I was still in a confused state of mind. Everything that happened few minutes ago, was so sudden and unexpected that I couldn't digest nor handle the situation properly, and ended up reacting so rude to her. Half of my heart was so happy knowing the fact that she came all the way here for me, but half of my heart was still not yet ready to trust her and her promises.

I was back at my home crying and weeping, thinking again and again, for all that I did and the way I reacted, was it right or have I just made her hate me forever? I know how much I love her and missed her everyday, how I always hoped that someday we would be back together, when we both are brave enough to face every circumstances without fear. But was she today really the courageous Chaeyoung? The Chaeyoung that I always wished for? Should I have said yes? Did I just miss the moment that I was always waiting for just because of my scared unsure heart? The more I was thinking about it, the more I was starting to regret my decision.

Meanwhile

Jihyo and Jeongyeon were still at the park, all bored and tired, waiting for almost more than an hour, but there was still no sign of Chaeyoung.

Jeongyeon: "Why is it taking so long?"

Jihyo: "Yeah, I know right. Normally an hour is enough for a couple to make up with all that sorry and I love yous and then kissing and hugging. But its taking too long for them."

Jeongyeon: "Well you sound like a pro of this field. Did the same happen with your ex?"

Hearing the word ex, even though Jihyo felt guilty, as her friend still believed that they really broke up. But she had no other choice but to lie again,

Jihyo: "Oh no, My ex and me, didn't even fight to these level, even when we broke up. I'm just taking the rough idea from a movie."

Jeongyeon: "Okay... as you say."
And Jeongyeon looks at Jihyo with a smirk on her face and questionable eyes.

Jihyo: "Stop staring me and call Chaeyoung. It's already dark now."

Jeongyeon: "Geu-rae"

Acknowledging the situation, Jeongyeon quickly dials Chaeyoung's number, but weirdly the other end fails in answering the call. Jeongyeon tries again and keeps dialling for more than three times, but it still stays the same, the receiver still fails to pick up the call.

Jeongyeon: "What's wrong with her?"

Jihyo: "Let's try Mina."

Jeongyeon: "okay."

And again she tries dialling Mina's number and luckily this time Mina picks up right after two rings. And as she realises the phone has been answered, she yells even before Mina could say a word,

"Where the hell are you two? We have been waiting for more than an hour."

Mina: "Wait a second Unnie." Clearing her throat, Mina answers with her hoarse crying voice " I am already back at my house. What are you saying?"

Jeong: "Ehh! really? And what's wrong with your voice?"

Mina: "Nothing. And yeah it's been few minutes since I was back."
Suddenly realising how she left Chaeyoung broken, alone and deserted she starts being tensed and concerned about Chaeyoung's safety,
"Didn't she.... return yet?"

Jeongyeon quickly understands the situation, and with that concerned voice of Mina, she realises it didn't go the way they planned. Trying not to give any more trouble to Mina, she quickly makes up a lie and replies laughing fakely with excitement,