RECOVERY

Jeong: "Chaeyoung-ah, today is New Year. You need to forget all this for a moment and spend some time with...."

Chaeng: "I did unnie. I did. I tried everything, but this heart of mine is still fixed on her. It's aching like someone's crunching my heart harshly."
Chaeyoung holds her chest, crushing it like it would lessen her pain.

Jeong: "I am sorry Chaeyoung-ah. I can't do anything to ease your pain right now. All I can say is, keep holding on for a moment and I swear everything will be fine again."

Chaeng: "How unnie? I don't think it will ever be fine again?"
chaeyoung's pain and frustration could be fully felt in her words. For her the word 'holding on' felt like a joke, as even holding on for a second felt like a whole long day. She was literally losing all her senses and her will to do anything.

Jeong: "I don't how Chaeyoung-ah, all I know is, how much she loves you, and how she cried for you every day and night."

Chaeng: "That was all in the past unnie. She doesn't love me anymore. And..." chuckling lightly in between her piled up emotions "And why would she even love a coward and a loser like me."

Jeong: "Okay, first of all stop calling yourself a coward. You did what you felt was right. And even if it was a mistake, it was in the past. Everyone deserves a second chance. And I know she will give you that too."

Chaeng: "I don't think so unnie. She doesn't belong to me anymore."

Suddenly realising the truth of her own words, the feeling of shallow emptiness strongly creeps all over her and she starts breaking down. But as she's on the phone, she tries her best to control her emotions. Sighing heavily, wipes her flowing tears and then she continues,
"No actually, this is the more correct phrase to say, 'I don't belong to anyone anymore. I am alone and a lost soul'."

Jeong: "Aishhh..Jinjja why is it so hard to make you understand a small thing? And yeah, Life isn't just about one person. If one throws you away there will be thousand to hold you back."

Chuckling in a mocking way,
"Nice line unnie, but this doesn't work in real life. Or should I say in my life. There's no thousand person in my life."

Unable to respond anything, Jeongyeon just sighs behind the phone, which was clearly heard by Chaeyoung. Hearing her sigh, Chaeyoung starts thinking that her unnie is fed up of her. She starts blaming herself for being such a selfish person and ruining her special night. Before her unnie could say anything else, She quickly speaks up,

"Unnie I think you should go back to your party. And I am really sorry to waste your time. And yeah thanks for listening to me so well."

Jeong: "What are you even saying?"

Chaeng: "I know you must have been busy. But I didn't mean to interfere or disturb you. It's just that I was really lonely and stuffed up with emotions that it was hard to control. And I was desperately in need of someone to talk to."

Jeong: "Okay...First of all I wasn't busy and I didn't mind at all. Indeed I was happy that you called me, even if it wasn't for the new year wishes. Whatever, I'm just happy to hear your voice as I was also dying in boredom."

Chaeng: "Why? Aren't you all celebrating?"

Jeong: "No, everyone's busy with their work. Father is busy at his restaurant and my sister, she only joined me for just an hour to cheer me up, and then she left to celebrate with her co stars as they were holding a business kind of new year party."