16

Honestly, I haven't been doing the greatest lately, which is the main reason I haven't been updating this as often as I used to. I'm sorry if you guys are disappointed that I haven't been updating it. I'm gonna try to keep updating more frequently, starting with this chapter. There's gonna be a tiny time jump of about a month or two. A couple more kids were found dead, and there's little hope of finding the culprit. I hope you enjoy...

It was the darkest of nights. Violet and Clem were in a deep sleep, wrapped in each other's arms. Violet began to stir in her sleep. A noise was disturbing her slumber. It sounded like...whispering.

"Violet..." A voice from the dark hallway muttered. Violet slowly opened her eyes, puzzled due to the omniscience of the voice.

"Who's there?" Violet called out into the darkness. She didn't get an answer back. She got up out of bed and walked towards the doorway. She leaned her head outside the door, curious as to what the noise was.

"Violet..." The voice beckoned again. Violet walked out of her and Clem's room, anxious to see what...or whom was making that noise. She walked through the house and saw the bathroom door open. She slowly made her way there, and walked inside.

"Welcome Violet." The voice said. It was the same voice that had told her to end her life months ago.

"Why are you back? Go away." Violet mumbled, trying not to wake up the rest of the household.

"I'm hurt Violet...I figured you would have missed me." The voice in her head said.

"I didn't miss you one fucking bit. Now I'm gonna go back to sleep with my amazing girlfriend, and you're gonna fuck off for good." Violet said as she reached for the handle. Suddenly, she froze up. She couldn't open the door. As much as she tried, it wasn't working.

"Can't you see Violet? You're still the same pathetic nobody that everyone ignored and wanted nothing to do with." The voice said. Violet began to start shaking, not knowing what to do. She paced around in the bathroom, trying to ignore that voice in her head.

"If no one cared about me, then why am I now living at a house with my GIRLFRIEND and her parents who have clearly said that they care about me? What about Louis? Sophie, Brody, Marlon? Exactly so fuck off." Violet said as she opened the door.

"Are you sure they didn't just bring you here because you're too weak to handle everything that's happening at school? Look we both know what's going on. By all means, live this fantasy that you're currently wrapped up in. I'm not gonna stop you, but you're in for a big surprise if you do follow this path and trust me, it won't be pretty." The voice said as Violet walked back towards her room. She slowly crawled back into bed, trying not to wake Clem up, but alas, the sounds of the bed creaking were too loud, and Clem awoke from her slumber.

"Hey..." Clem said groggily.

"Hey, sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." Violet said as she snuggled up against Clem. She touched her forehead against Clem's and smiled.

"Everything ok?" Clem asked.

"Eh, not really. Stuff was just getting in my head, but I'm ok now." Violet said. Clem kissed the blonde's forehead, followed by a kiss on the lips. Violet's heart was pounding. The feeling of living in a home with the girl of her dreams made her the happiest person in the world in this moment. Clem pulled away, disappointing Violet a little bit, and smiled.

"Violet, I don't know what was getting in your head, but I'm here to help block that out. I love you, my family loves you, as well as Louis and the others. Yeah sure, they haven't known you as long, but I'm sure they care about you too." Clem said.