17

If you got the notification that I updated this ahead of time, I'm sorry. It was a misclick and I wasn't finished with it.

It was the middle of a stormy night. Clem and Violet were in a deep sleep until they heard something tapping on the window. Violet slowly opened her eyes to see someone staring at the two. She nudged Clem, who woke up with a groan.

"Violet...why do you do this?" Clem asked.

"Clem there's someone at the window." Violet said as Clem snapped her head in the direction of the window. She saw the figure too and began you get scared. That was until the person revealed their face and it turned out to be Minnie.

"Minerva?" Violet questioned as she slowly opened the window.

"Thank you." Minerva mumbled before slowly crawling through the window.

"What are you doing here?" Clem asked.

"I needed to talk to someone." Minerva said as she walked towards Violet, who slowly backed away from the redhead.

"Violet, I'm sorry for all of the pain that I put you through. I don't expect you to forgive me, hell I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. After losing Gabe, I realize a piece of shit I was." Minnie said.

"So you came here in the middle of the night to...apologize?" Clem asked as she leaned against the wall.

"Didn't you hear me? I said I didn't care if you accepted the apology or not, you just needed to hear it. Now I'm gonna go, so enjoy the rest of your night." Minnie said as she slipped back through the window.

"That was...creepy. How does she know where you live?" Violet asked.

"I have no idea. I don't buy her little apology." Clem said.

"I don't know what to make of it. One minutes she hates us, then the next she likes us. Something doesn't add up." Violet said.

"You're right. I don't like how shady she is." Clem said as she sat back on the bed.

"Hey is everything ok in there?" Lee asked from the outside of the door. Violet looked at Clem and back at the door.

"Uh yeah, I just had a nightmare." Violet said, trying to cover up what happened.

"I'm sorry you're having nightmares. I know Clementine will take care of you. I'm going back to sleep. Goodnight you two." Lee said as he walked away.

"We should go back to sleep too." Violet said. The two crawled back into bed and fell asleep.

The next morning...

Clem and Vi woke up, still shaken up a little from the night before. Clem looked over and saw Violet was already awake. She was just staring at the wall, lost in thought.

"Hey Vi." Clem said. Vi slowly turned towards her and gave her a half smile.

"Hey Clem." Violet said.

"How long have you been awake?" Clem asked.

"Since Minerva came here. I couldn't sleep so I just sat here and guarded you while you slept." Violet said.

"You didn't have to do that. I'm sure we would have been fine, but thank you. Get some sleep Vi, I'll guard you this time." Clem said as she gave a slight chuckle.

"I'll be fine." Violet said as she looked away.

"Hey, what's gotten into you?" Clem asked as she raised up looked at the blonde.

"Just seeing Minerva act like that shook me up a little bit. I'm not used to seeing her so...nice." Violet said.

"Neither am I, but we can't let her get in our heads. She knew where I live. I'm not ok with that." Clem said.