Nine

Lena's POV

    "I don't know, Em. I really don't," I said to Emma as she asked me to go on a double date with the new guy she was seeing.

    "Come on! It'll be good for you, finally getting in the market and looking for a nice woman," Emma said.

    I huffed. "I did that and, well..."

    "When exactly?"

    "This week in fact. And I have nothing but regrets. I met a girl who - I mean, don't get me wrong, she's beautiful. That kind of girl you'd just wanna really get to know and that you're so easily attracted to... but she's a player and quite honestly treated me like shit." I said.

    Emma sighed. "Enough about this girl! I've heard so many good things about our next contestant-to-be-with-Lena... but I won't tell you anything; you're just gonna have to see it for yourself."

    I sighed. Knowing Emma since kindergarten, I knew she wasn't going to stop until I gave in, so I just agreed to it in the end. "Fine."

——/-

    Emma and I arrived at the bar we'd agreed to meet at and sat outside. Harry had texted her saying they were going to be a few minutes late and my anxiety grew. I had no idea why I was doing this especially not when all I could think about was Stef and her humiliating me.

    And, as if everything else wasn't enough, I saw  a blonde walking with the Harry I knew from high school and heading towards our table.

    "Is this some kind of a joke?" I asked Emma as they approached our table.

    "What?" Emma asked me.

    I sighed. "That's the girl I told you about."

    I decided to disappear. Disappearing was probably not the most mature solution but definitely the only one I could come up with at that moment of desperation.

    "Lena!" Emma yelled my name as I went to the restroom.

    "Bathroom!" I yelled back, pretending I was going to touch up my make up but honestly just needing to vent. And seriously not needing to see Stef looking incredibly hot and sexy wearing that black leather jacket I loved so much.

    I walked inside the bathroom and, not knowing what to do, decided to actually touch up my make up. My mind was racing thinking of possibilities. What should I do? Should I just leave and text Emma saying I was sorry? Should I not leave and be the mature person since I'd done nothing wrong? Should I act like nothing had happened between Stef and I? Or, should I-

    "There you are," Stef said, smirking at me as she walked into the bathroom.

    I sighed. "What do you want?"

    "I wanna go on a double date with this awesome woman I'd heard so much about. I mean, Harry never told me your name and hell, I don't even think he knew your name because Emma was so secretive that-"

    And just like that. She was charming.

    "I gotta go," I said, zipping up my purse and fixing my skirt.

    Just as I was leaving, Stef grabbed my hand. "Sorry, Lena. Alright? I don't wanna be exclusive and I don't wanna lead you on either. I'd like for us to get to know each other better, I just guess I don't like the pressure. Give me a chance. We could actually have a great time together. I mean, you know that." She winked at me.

    "I'm not one of those girls you use and dispose of when you don't need them anymore. I am human, I have feelings, I deserve respect. So don't go around taking booty calls in front of me, alright? That's anything but respectful. And also, whoever said I wanted to be exclusive? God, you're so full of it. I don't even know you! You give yourself way too much credit." I said, pissed off.

    Stef listened carefully and didn't make any jokes. "Fine. We can do it like this then. We get to know each other and see where it takes us. If anywhere."

    "Sure," I agreed.

    "So, uh, will you do me the honor of going out with me? And my friend? Right now?" She asked, smiling softly.

    "Let's go," I said.

    As Stef and I walked back to the bar table, Emma and Harry tried to be subtle about Stef and I, which I very much appreciated.

    As we ordered our drinks and snacks, we all started to have some real fun and I felt Stef getting closer to me, softly and sweetly so that I wouldn't turn her down. Smooth.

    The next thing I knew, she had her hand on my skirt from underneath the table. Sure, it started out very innocently, but that's definitely not how she meant it to be in the end.

    Emma and Harry were telling us about their first date and then we started talking about our hobbies when Harry mentioned Stef being an amazing tennis player.

    "She could really go professional if she wanted to," he said. Stef laughed. "I mean it!"

    Stef was finally being humble about something. And it was a good look on her. Honestly, any look was a good look on her.

    "You're just saying that you suck," she said.

    "Hey! I'm pretty good too! Not like you, but I do okay," Harry defended his wounded ego.

    In the meantime, Stef ran her hand over my skirt, sliding it upwards and sliding her hand underneath my panties. I could barely breathe but I was trying to act cool. I grabbed Stef's hand and she smirked at me. The idiot.

    "I think we should watch a match between these two. What do you think, Lena?"

    I tried to respond. I pulled Stef's fingers away from me and she got the message. She was laughing, but not in an obvious way. "I'd love to, yeah."

    "Good. Then Lena can cheer for Stef and I'll have Emma cheering for me. Maybe I'll win this time," Harry said as he received a soft kiss from Emma. They really were such a sweet couple.

    We talked for the entire night and, just as I was planning on leaving, Stef whispered in my ear. "Come with me. To the studio."

    I shook my head. Not falling for that one so soon.

    "Lena, let's start over. Please." She looked at me, a mixture of sexual tension and apology all at once.

    My heart started beating fast and I really didn't know the answer.

AN: thanks for your support! hope you're enjoying reading this story as much as I am writing it :)