Fourteen

STEF'S POV

    "I still have to edit them, of course, but you can take a look at some of today's work," I showed Ellen the pictures.

    I'd spent the entire day in New York taking pictures of her in Central Park, Times Square and every other touristic spot in New York. Ellen was a digital influencer in the beginning of her career and she found out about my work through another digital influencer, a more experienced one.

    "These are great, Stef! Wow! Millie wasn't kidding when she said you were the best."

    I smiled at her. "Thanks. I aim to please."

   "I bet you do!" Ellen said.

    "Well, then I think we should pick up where we left off tomorrow morning, how's that sound?" I asked and Ellen nodded. "Great, so I'm just gonna head to my hotel room and I'll see you tomorrow." I winked at her.

    I had no idea why but I always winked at women. It's just who I am? Was?

    "Or, we could go out for drinks? Celebrate a successful work day?" Ellen said.

    She was short. Ellen was tiny. Her hair was red and long, wavy and gorgeous. She had a few tattoos and she didn't seem straight at all to me.

    I considered the offer. "Sure, why not?"

    I shrugged and she smiled. I suggested we'd go to my hotel bar since I really was tired and just wanted to make nice so I could go to sleep.

    On the way there, I asked Ellen to take a picture of me in my sweats walking past Times Square and post it on my stories to promote my work. "Another successful shooting in the city that never sleeps. Thanks @elllen!" I was clearly posing for the picture and I looked sexy as hell. I aimed to look this way. Always.

    Then we headed to the bar, where I ordered a beer and watched Ellen drink a dry martini.

    "So, how are your projects going? I heard you were getting sponsored by some really good companies."

    Ellen smiled. "I am, actually. It's going well, and I'm hoping your pics will help boost that up a lot."

    I smiled in return. "I can assure you they will help. We chose the perfect spots to highlight your roots and personality. There's no going wrong with that." I drank my beer slowly looking at her.

    "You're good with words," she mentioned.

    "I couldn't help but laugh. "You're a real charmer, Ellen." I shook my head at her.

    "With a woman like you, I have to play my cards right. Besides, Millie told me you're quite the player yourself, so don't get all innocent on me."

    I swallowed some more of my beer. What could I possibly say to that? "There's no denying that. But, you should know, I don't mix business and pleasure."

    Ellen sighed. "Well, I see. It'll take some convincing."

    I finished drinking my beer. "I gotta go. Tomorrow's a big day, so you might wanna get your beauty sleep in too."

    Ellen winked at me and then left. I headed towards my room and opened the door, lying on the bed. I grabbed my phone so I could check for new messages and I saw Lena's reaction to my instagram stories: 🔥.

    I liked her comment and sent her this emoji: 😎.

    "How was your day, u big star?" She DM'd me.

    "Good. Ellen is a good person to work with. Pretty easy-going." I DM'd her back.

    "Good then :) happy for u"

    I smiled at her text. "Your day?"

    "Good. I helped Joey study and did some class assignments." Lena texted back.

    "That's good. Do you wanna meet me for dinner tomorrow night?"

     "Sounds good. What's on the menu?" Lena asked.

    "You." I texted her back.

    "Besides me?" She asked.

    "I'll be on the menu for you too. Don't worry." I texted.

    "You're a pervert," Lena texted.

    I laughed at that.

    "But I like it," was the next text I got from her.

    "You'd better."

    "Lena I'm gonna go now bc Ellen and I have so much to get done tomorrow morning b4 I leave..."

    She was typing. "Of course. Good work for u tomorrow too :)"

    "Nice talking to u sweets." I texted lastly.

    I was so tired from all the hard work with Ellen today that all I could think about was sleeping. I needed to. And also - how great it felt to talk to Lena. Even if only for 5 min. This was confusing.

    And I'd just rejected a pretty woman. Why? Why the hell would I do that? Sure, I didn't mix business with pleasure but as soon as we finished this two-day shooting session, I could very well fuck her, because then it'd be over. I didn't have to shut down my possibilities with her entirely. I could very well lead her on for the night and fuck her the next day. But I didn't. Why, then?

All of this was very confusing to me.

All of it.