Twenty-two

Stef's POV

    What in the fuck was wrong with me? Why did I just say that?!

    Lena laughed. "Reaaal smooth."

    "Sorry. But uh, yeah, it might actually be true." I winked at her. What good would it do to be embarrassed now.

    "I see." She winked back.

    Good, so we were good. Finally. Great.

    I smiled at her and watched her eat. Lena was gorgeous. So fucking charming. Even in the little things - especially in the little things. The way she held the fork and just everything she did was charming. How in the hell was that even possible?

    "Thank you for lunch," she said, smiling at me. And I melted.

    I shrugged. "All good, sweetheart. What do you wanna do now?" I asked.

    "Oh I don't know. I'm so tired. Do you mind if I take a nap here before I go?" She yawned.

    I smiled. "Do you mind if I kiss you before your nap?"

    She kissed me. It was long, lingering and sweet. Not sexual. Just passionate. And I loved it.

    "Now will you let me sleep?" She asked, already getting settled on my couch.

    I nodded and bit my lower lip as she closed her eyes. A minute later, she opened them again. "Do you wanna join me?"

    I smiled. How could I say no to that? "Of course, but let's go to my bed. It's more comfortable for the both of us."

    "No funny business though. Really looking to sleep here," she warned me as she got up from the couch.

    I laughed. "Why'd you call it funny business? But fine, I promise I'll behave."

    We got to my bedroom and it was... a mess. "Dear God," Lena said.

    There were at least two empty bottles of whiskey on the floor, a couple of joints on my nightstand and a lot of food - unhealthy, obviously - just laying around.

    "Shit, I forgot about that. Sorry, let's just go back to the couch," I grabbed her hand but she let it go.

    I saw Lena shaking her head. "No way. There is no way I'm going to stay in such a dirty studio."

    "Well, you seemed to like dirty. A lot, in fact," I winked at her.

    She laughed. "Stef, there's nothing sexy about not cleaning your stuff. Stop changing the subject and go get the vaccuum."

    "I'm not gonna let you clean this shit up, come on, let's take a nap!"

    "Oh, I'm not cleaning it up. You're cleaning. I'm simply delegating. Making your life easier," she smiled at me.

    I sighed. "Fuck, woman. I guess it's something I gotta do at some point. But I don't like to be bossed around."

    "Got it. Now go. Where's that vaccuum?" She said, completely ignoring my last comment. I honestly didn't care, so I went and grabbed it.

    A couple of hours later, we resumed our cleaning. Lena said she wouldn't help me, but it honestly felt like she helped me the entire time. Even by suggesting the cleaning in the first place.

    "I'm so fucking exhausted," I sighed, laying on the bed as Lena sat by me. "Do you know where my phone is?"

    "Yeah, it's by the nightstand. I'll get it for you." She stood up and handed me the phone. "Brianna tried calling."

    "Oh yeah, I must have it in silent mode," I said, noticing 3 missed calls from Brianna and a few texts. She wanted to meet me. "So, what do you say we have that nap now?"

    "Actually, I should get going." She said, standing up from my bed. I wonder if Brianna's calls or texts had anything to do with it.

    "What? No, come on. We deserve a reward after working that hard!" I complained, grabbing her by the hand and pulling her closer to my body.

    And I kissed her. Long and good. She tasted so good. We made out for some time - actually the first time that day. And we moved things to the couch - my friendly couch - and as I started taking Lena's shirt off, she stopped me. She kissed me firmly, but stopped me nonetheless.

    "I really do have to go. But we'll see each other soon?" She grabbed her purse and looked at me softly.

    "Not soon enough," I whispered. "Friday night?"

    Lena smiled. "Sure."

    I walked her out and we kissed one more time before she left. But I didn't kiss anybody goodbye.

    And I couldn't wait to see her again. Something was seriously wrong with me.

AN: just got this out for you from the airport! Thanks for the support