Twenty-nine

LENA'S POV

I woke up fully naked with Stef's arms wrapped around me. It was a Sunday morning and I didn't have any plans; I'd studied all I needed to during the week so I could spend more time with Stef.

I kissed her forehead and got up, finding a loose shirt to put on. I headed to the kitchen area to make us some breakfast and let her sleep for a little while.

There was absolutely nothing but eggs. And only two of them too. She definitely needed to go grocery shopping because apart from eggs and coffee, we would not have anything else to eat.

"Good morning, love," she said, sleepily, wearing a plaid shirt and nothing else. She kissed my neck and sat down.

"Morning," I smiled at her. She looked so cute after waking up.

She finally opened her eyes. "You making me some breakfast?"

"That was the plan, but you've got nothing but eggs and coffee," I complained.

Stef stood up. "Oh fuck. I meant to, but I forgot. Let's go out for brunch."

I looked at her as she stood up. "Really?"

She looked back at me. "What? You don't like brunch?"

"I do. I was just thinking of spending all day here with you. I'm kinda lazy today." I shrugged.

Stef smiled. "We can do that. Let's just have some brunch and then we'll spend all day here, okay?"

I nodded. "Deal. But you have to promise to buy food more often, Stef. At least when I'm here." I said, already going into the bathroom to shower.

"Alright, I promise," she said grabbing a cigarette and lighting it while I undressed and got into the shower.

Did this really have to be the first thing she did everyday? Before eating even?

I finally showered and changed into a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt, as Stef showered and did the same right after me, wearing a black shirt instead.

She grabbed her car keys and started driving us to a coffee house that served really nice breakfast according to her. As soon as we got there, we served ourselves with plenty of food and sat down to eat.

"Okay, so this is really good food," I had to agree with her.

She smiled. "You've got a little-"

"What?"

"Just-," she said, trying to clean something off my mouth and kissing it in the process. "Now you're fine." She winked at me.

"Are you sure this is ok? I mean, not every place is gay friendly and I don't want to be getting looks-" I asked.

She nodded. "I'm positive. I've brought several girls here before and it was never a problem."

I put my fork down. What did she just say? Why would she-

"Got it. Many many girls. They're fine with this then. That's why the waiter knows you; he's probably thinking I'm the woman of the week."

Stef sighed. "This is not what I meant to say. And it is not how I want you to feel, because you really are something else, Lena. We are together, aren't we?"

I couldn't bring myself to look at her. I knew she'd been with many women before me and that was fine - honestly. I just didn't want a constant reminder of that.

"Do you want me to call the waiter and tell him you're my girlfriend?" She asked.

I laughed. "That's ridiculous. Just stop talking, Stef. It's fine."

"It's clearly not fine. Lena, I say shit sometimes, I do. I'm sorry. But you know how I feel about you, so please... Can we just be okay?" She grabbed my hand from under the table and squeezed it softly.

I gave in because it was just a sily thing that came out of her mouth. It happens sometimes.

We finished eating in a comfortable silence and then went back to her place to spend the rest of the day. When we got there, I turned on the TV and started watching whatever was on.

After about two minutes chilling, I heard her yell from the kitchen "FUCK!"

I immediately ran to check if everything was fine. "What's going on? Are you ok?"

"Shit. I have an early flight tomorrow morning. Sorry, babe. I completely forgot to tell you."

"Oh. Is this one of those quick business trips?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yep, it'll be one week. I really meant to tell you but I thought my flight was only two days from now but it's actually tomorrow! Shit, I have to pack."

"And where are you going? New York again?"

"No, actually. This time I'm going to Barcelona. It's a great opportunity honestly. And I'll be back before you know it," she winked at me. Like it was nothing.

It's funny how she constantly reminds me of how many women she's been with but something as important as this she simply forgets to tell me. Interesting.

What a shitty day it has been. And it's only 11:30AM.

"I'm going home, Stef. See you later."

AN: any thoughts and comments? I missed writing this story!