Twenty

AN: guys, Stef and Lena are going to be together again.  But bear with me while they aren't.

STEF'S POV

    Fuck. I had a terrible hangover the next morning. I'd tried texting Lena and I even called her, but she wouldn't answer. So I did what I knew best - went out and partied all night long. I got high as a kite and I couldn't even remember most of last night. I didn't mean to - I really didn't - but it sort of just happened.

    I was at the lesbian bar, I'd ordered a few drinks and then smoked a couple of joints and one thing lead to another and-

    "Morning, Stef!" A stranger said. Who the fuck- "Paris, remember?"

    I nodded. "Yeah, ok. Listen, Paris, I'm hungover as shit so if you could just get your clothes and leave, that'd be great."

    She looked at me. "Well, last night was great, even though I don't remember it as much," she laughed and put her dress on. "But we never forget how someone makes us feel." She winked at me.

    Poor girl. Wasting her time. "Yeah. Right. Bye, Paris," I said as she made her way to my door. But she was good looking. "Did I get your number?"

    She got my phone from my hand and saved her contact there. I might just use it. She left and I felt like shit. My head was pounding. I took some aspirins and called Harry.

    "What you doing?" I asked.

    "I'm studying. Aren't you working today?" He answered.

    "No, only tomorrow. So, quit studying. Studying's no good for anyone. Come smoke a joint with me," I asked. I pleaded.

    He laughed on the other end. "I wish I could, but I'm meeting Emma in twenty minutes."

    I groaned. "Fuck. Ok. You go and have fun. You do you and I'll figure my shit out. Love you, you asshole."

    "Love you too," he said as he hung up the phone.

    I sighed. Desperately. Lena still hadn't texted me back and I had no idea what to do. I then received a text from Brianna, almost immediately.

    "Can I come over?" She asked.

    Well. I mean. What other choice do I have? I'm all alone and-

    "Sure," I texted back. "Bring wine."

    Brianna was a lot of things. She was rude sometimes and did things that made me hate her, but she was also a good friend. She was attractive enough that I could fuck her easily, and she was always around. I wouldn't date her for real, but having her around was good. It was comfortable.

    In a few minutes, there she was, at my doorstep. I let her in and she moved to kiss me, but I moved aside. "You remember our rule?"

    "Right. No hello or goodbye kisses." She pouted.

    I laughed. "It doesn't mean we're not kissing, just not now. Chill."

    She gave me the wine and I served us both. I then grabbed a cigarette and lit it up. I puffed on it and grabbed my phone to see if Lena'd texted. Still nothing. Shit.

    "Anxious for a notification?" Brianna noticed. She didn't miss a thing.

    I shook my head. "Not really. Just bored." I took another puff on my cigarette as Brianna shook her head.

    "You know it's insulting to say you're bored with me right to face?" She commented.

    I looked at her and sipped on my wine. "So, wanna fuck?"

    "Already? I thought we could talk-" she said.

    I took another puff of my cigarette as I looked at her. "What do you wanna talk about?"

    "Life. My life, your life. How's your life been?" She asked.

    I laughed. "Shitty. Yours?"

    "Good. I'm happy to be here with you," Brianna said.

    I nodded and puffed on my cigarette again. "Awesome. Now can we fuck?"

    Brianna laughed. "You're not romantic at all, are you?"

    I shrugged. "I honestly don't even try to be," I said. And it was true. I never made an effort because I didn't think it'd be worth it.

    Brianna got something from her purse. "I brought something fun that we could try..."

    "What is it?" I asked. I saw her grab a small bag of cocaine from her purse. "Shit!"

   "What? You don't want to try?"

    I shook my head and put my cigarette out. "Nope. I draw my line at weed. But if you want to, feel free to use it."

    She shook her head. "Nah. I'd only use it if you wanted to use it as well. It's fine," she put it back in her bag.

    "Okay. So, take your clothes off and I'll be in bed naked waiting for you. But let's make it fast because I need to get a few things ready for tomorrow."

    And so she did what I asked her to do. After fucking Brianna, I asked her to leave. And again, I was all alone. And miserable. I tried calling Lena again. She didn't answer. I thought I should just leave her alone. So I decided to smoke a joint by myself.

    I did so and then tried to call Lena multiple times. I definitely wasn't proud when I was high. Then I texted her again. Then I got tired of it and decided to call one last time. And this time, she actually answered the phone.