Chapter 1

Camila POV

Before we get too far, I should tell you about myself. The thing is you can easily find information on me, but doesn't mean what you find is true.

My name is Karla Camila Cabello, but the world knows me as Camila. I've been singing since I was young and on the way I learned to play the guitar. This has led to life changing events. I got signed to a record deal when I was 14 and released my first EP when I was 15.

I'm currently on the last leg of my small tour. The last couple months have been a whirlwind. Living on a tour bus going from city to city is not how I ever expected to live my teenage years. From the start of the tour to now my popularity as an artist is rising.

With a rise of popularity there comes the spotlight. At first I could walk down a street and not be recognize. Depending where I am, I have difficulties going out in public.

Yes, this is for the business side this is good. For a 17 year old girl there are some downfalls. I'm not saying I'm ungrateful, but the pressure to be what fans and my mangers want is hard.

In the public eye it's all about what they want to see. They want a stable girl who is always happy. My manager has threaten me multiple times to leave my real baggage for a closed room. He has done everything to make sure what the public sees is what they want. Did I mention my manager is my father?

My parents are divorced. They got divorced when I was four. If I could pick I would have my mom by my side, not him. Unfortunately he had money and he took custody of me.

Growing up, I got to see my mom every other weekend and three weeks straight in the summer. Those were the best days I could remember. Now being on the road, I barely seen her. My dad refuses to let her come on the road no matter how much I cry for her.

He doesn't care about me. He cares about making money off me. I have always been a pawn to him.

His love for money made it easy for me to throw a tantrum to get what I want for a change. When I'm done with my last show I'll be staying with my mom while I finish recording the rest of my record. I have the majority of the tracks down, but they want more and I need time off to write.

My last show is tonight, but I will be performing one more time before I go on a small hiatus. My mom's hometown has prom and I'm performing there. No one knows that is where my mom lives, so I should be able to have peace and quiet when it's over.

Anyways, back to reality. I'm in the dress room getting ready for the show. I have my glam squad taking care of my hair and makeup. As they do so, I tweet out to my followers.

@KcCabello- Last show of the tour... We have a treat for you :)

I close my phone and look up in the mirror. My eyes connect with a handsome guy with pretty hazel eyes.

When the glam squad was done, I get up and go over to the couch where my dad aka manager is with the special guest tonight.

"For the last song we will bring Austin up from the bottom of the stage. You two will then sing the song you wrote together." I nod my head as he explains, but wanted to roll my eyes. Austin had no part in writing the song.

He then looks at us both with stern eyes. "It's important to make it look like you guys are into each other. If we want the public to believe you are dating, you have to make it look real."

My dad gets up and walks out of the room leaving me in there with Austin. "I don't get why we have to do this." I state.

I hear Austin laugh. "It's part of fame. In the long run it will help your career if people think we are hooking up."