Chapter 23

Camila POV

The last couple of days felt never ending. On top of the history project, I have had two big tests, an essay and a writing assignment. When the bell rang to indicate it was the weekend, I was beyond relieved.

Lauren and I leave Mr. Sharp's class. I was expecting her to split off where we usually go our separate ways to go to our lockers, but she kept following me.

She remains silent as I put my combination in. I glance over at her and she appears to be nervous. Her hands are patting her leg rapidly and she is swaying back and forth.

"Is everything okay?" I turn to her. I bite down on my lip and raise my eyebrow.

She takes a deep breath. "Do you maybe want um..." She is stuttering which is rare for her, but the cutest thing ever. "Do you want to hang out with me tomorrow night?"

"You are getting this worked up because you want to hang out?" I take a step closer to her. "We hang out all the time." I push knowing she is scared to say the word.

I watch as her breathing pattern speeds up. "Will you go on a date with me?" It came out so soft I barely caught it.

I put my hand on her shoulder and lean in to kiss her cheek. "I would love to!"

A pleased smile forms on her lip but then suddenly it's replaced by a frown. "This is embarrassing, but are you okay if we take your vehicle since I don't have one?"

"Of course, but only under one condition." I run my hand down her arm and grab her hand. "You have to drive."

She lets out a laugh. "I think I can do that, but are you sure you trust me?"

"I trust you more than anybody, besides my mom." I tell her truthfully. "So it's settled, you will be at my house at five."

Lauren shakes her head back and forth. "You are telling me the time to meet you when I'm the one that asked you on a date? I will be there at three."

Not going to lie, her taking charge is sexy. "Lucky for you, I'm free all day. You can come by at two... one... or stay tonight and just be there all day."

"You are crazy Camz." She might call me crazy, but I can tell she was considering the idea. "I will see you tomorrow."

Lauren heads down the hallway and I head out of school. I have to swing by Megan's to finish our project. We have a week until we have to present it, but she insists we have it complete today.

It takes me about three minutes from leaving school to get there. We go straight to her kitchen. "Where is Michael?"

"He is on the football team." She says like I should know. "He gave me his portion so I figured we can manage to put everything together."

When both of us feel confident about everything, we call it good. I gather my things to go, but Megan decides she wants to have a chat.

"So why did you decide to come here as in this school? I'm sure your money could have paid to be in a private school system."

I already can tell this conversation is going to turn sour. "Because my mom lives here."

She leans her head on her hand as her arm is propped up on the table. "Did you come here because of Lauren? I'm assuming your mom has lived here long enough so it's a bit random that you suddenly decide to come here."

Is she trying to imply something or is she making small chat? "Well Lauren being here had some influence in it without her knowing. I honestly wanted to have a little bit of normal life and it was a perfect opportunity."