Chapter 12

Camila POV

The first four days of school came and went. The shock of a "celebrity" going to school died down, thank god.

I still get the stares, but people aren't approaching me or chasing me down the halls. I should thank Dinah and Normani for that.

"Did you finish your assignment?" I turn to see a smiling Lauren.

I nod, "Yeah, I used something I wrote this summer."

She gives me her "intense" eyes. "That's cheating."

"No it's not." I defend. "I was told to write about how I felt when losing someone, so I did."

We start walking to class and she looks uptight. I try to lighten the mood up.

"Thanks for giving me something to write about!"

She turns to me and looks like she wants to kill me. I thought she would think it was funny, but instead she looks hurt.

"Lauren wait..." She walks away and takes her seat looking to the front of class.

Was that comment really that bad? The teacher comes in and starts right away.

"Camila it's your turn." I snap my head up not realizing my name was being called and people before me read their assignments. Unless I'm the first one, I'm not sure about that either.

I walk to the front of the room and the teacher looks at the class.

"Okay class, let her read and after we will see if you can figure out what she was supposed to write about."

Wait, we didn't get the same thing to write about? I take a deep breath and read my assignment.

I know it's been a while and I don't want to do this. But I've been thinking about how we used to be. Looking backward now is on the verge of stupid. I don't know what I was thinking, but you put a hold on me.

I look up from my paper for a second and see Lauren looking at me intently.

You stole my heart and broke in, started the flame I'm burning. You broke me down and I gave in. Every single time you pull me in you push me out again. If I had meant anything, you'd had never done me just like that. I think I'm strong enough, but who am I kidding?

I look at the teacher to indicate I'm done.

"So who wants to take a stab at it?" The teacher asks the class.

Numerous hands fly up. He points to a girl in the front row. "It sounds like a lost. You got your heartbroken by someone and you are trying to act as if it didn't hurt you, but you can't lie."

I look at the teacher who applauds her. I take my seat and see Lauren looking over at shoulder staring at me. I try to keep my eyes focus to the front, but I can still see her.

A couple of people went then the teacher called on Lauren.

She walks confidently to the front of the room. I have no clue what she wrote about. I wouldn't have told her previous to the class about what I did if I knew we had to guess.

She clears her throat and starts to read.

All the lights land on you. The rest of the world fades from you and all of the love I see please say you feel it too.

And all the noise I hear inside, restless and loud, unspoken and wild. And all that you need to say, to make it all go away.