Chapter 4

Camila POV

Trying to enjoy the outside, I sit on the balcony that extends from my window.

I relax in the chair and I breathe in the fresh air. I was about to doze off when I hear footsteps.

"Karla sweetie, your father's on the phone. He says it's urgent." My mom extends me her hand with her cellphone in it. She looks down at my lap noticing my phone. It didn't take her long to realize I was avoiding him. "I really think you should take this."

I sigh and take the phone. "Yes?"

"I didn't approve you to stay at your mothers to ignore me." If he could only see the eye roll. "You are getting picked up in an hour and flying to New York."

I shoot up from my chair, "Why?" I yell into the phone as I pace back and forth.

"Austin requested you are there for his CD hearing and he wants to take you out. You will be there for a couple of days."

Unbelievable. "If Austin wanted me there, then why are you calling me?"

He completely ignores my question. "Be ready and please don't mess this up."

With that I hear a click. "Un-fucking-believable." I shout.

I hear my mom clear her throat, "Language."

I walk past her and go to my closet. I throw a suitcase out and start throwing clothes towards it.

"What's going on Karla?" I take it my father didn't inform my mother.

I grab a couple more things and place them in the suitcase. "I guess I'm going to New York for a couple of days to see Austin."

She raises her brow, "And who is that?"

"My boyfriend," I say sarcastically, but she didn't catch it.

Instead she goes to my closet and grabs out a dress. "You will look great in this."

A little surprise by her gesture, but I put the dress in the suitcase. The look on her face makes me not want to tell her the real situation with Austin. She looks like a proud mom sending her child on their first date. Who was I to take that away from her?

I finish getting things together. I hear the doorbell go off and know my ride was here. I give my mom a hug and head out door.

The plane lands and I throw my hood up as I go through the airport. After getting through the crowd of people, I see a familiar smile. I walk up to the person trying to go unnoticed by everyone here. "Nice look."

Austin looks up and smiles, "Nice legs."

I felt my cheeks get hot with his unexpected flirting. Hell I wasn't expecting him to be here picking me up. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't wait to see you."

My mouth drops open a little. He does realize we really aren't dating, right? "Aus..."

"OMG its Austin!" I hear a huge scream from a group of girls.

Austin grabs a hold of my hand. "Run!"

We head towards the doors to a black van. The door opens and we hop in. The door shuts and it quickly takes off.

Trying to catch my breath, I remember my stuff. "What about my bags?"

"Rob will get them and bring them to the hotel." Austin informs me.

I have no clue who Rob is, but obviously Austin isn't new to this.