Chapter 13

Lauren POV

I wake up to a warm body beside me. A smile forms as I look at the delicate girl beside me.

I scoot out of bed quietly so I don't wake her up. Surprisingly I don't have a headache from the alcohol last night.

Thinking of last night, I grab my phone and exit Camila's room. I go to see the time and its 8:00 am.

I don't understand why I can't sleep in when I drink. I click on my messages and see Grace texted a couple of times.

Grace: Come back!

Grace: I'm sorry about kissing you, please text me back.

I set my phone on the kitchen counter and notice a note. I don't want to be nosey, but my eyes wander.

Gone for the day. If you need anything call - Love Mom­

I love Camila's relationship with her mom. It's one of many things I'm jealous about.

Since her mom isn't here and I'm pretty sure Camila is pissed at me, I decide to help myself to the kitchen and cook for her.

I get a bowl out and find all the ingredients for pancakes. I get them in the bowl and mix it together. I search for a skillet and jump to the sound of a voice. "What do you think you are doing?"

I turn around grabbing my chest. "Don't scare me like that." Camila folds her arms across her chest looking mad like last night. I walk up to her, "Are you ready to talk?"

She furrows her eyebrows, "Nope."

She goes past me and opens a cabinet. "I'm assuming this is what you are looking for." She sets it on the counter and goes over to the bowl. "I'll take over from here."

Oh, no. I slide in front of her causing her to frown. I wrap my arms around her waist and pick her up.

"Put me down." She hiss.

She needs to work on her moods. I set her on the counter. "There I put you down."

I smirk and she rolls her eyes. I start cooking and she surprising sits where I left her, but she doesn't stay silent. "How do you know if I even like pancakes?"

Who doesn't? "I just know."

She doesn't reject so that means I'm right. "I'm not hungry so you are wasting your time."

I take a deep breath and turn to look at her. "Fine. Why don't you keep acting like a brat? I'm out of here."

I put the things in my hands down forcefully. I start walking, but Camila grabs on my hand pulling me to her as she remains on the counter top.

"Chill Lolo." Lolo? "I was messing with you. I think it's cute seeing you in here and I appreciate your kind gesture."

I look down trying to hide my smile. Did she just call me cute?

I hear a buzz and both of us look at my phone that's on the counter beside Camila. The name Grace pops up and I shake my head.

"Oh look your girlfriend." Camila wiggles her eyebrows and grabs my phone.

I go to reach for it, but she extends her arm up. "I think that is violating my privacy." I say as I keep reaching.

Camila is giggling at my fail attempts. I put my hands on her sides and dig my fingers in causing her to squirm.

"Stop." She begs through laughter.

"Give me my phone then."

She throws her hands behind her back. "Not happening."