Chapter 2

Camila POV

I'm just getting to leave for my mom's house. I was hoping to be there right away after the concert, but my father had interview after interview lined up.

The word of Austin and I's "relationship" got out fast and everyone wanted to interview the "hot" new couple. I will give him props, he is great at lying and making it believable. I on the other hand, I think they are foolish to believe me. I never been good at lying about stuff like that. Not to mention I had my first kiss take place on stage by a fake boyfriend. This was not what I dreamed about.

Once the interviews were done, I threw on a hoodie and put my hat on. I then throw the hood over my head and put sunglasses on to hide the best I could.

"Your ride is out the back door." My dad informs me.

I nod my head and start to walk. I feel him grab hold of my shoulder. I turn around and look at him. "What?"

"I think you should cancel the prom performance. You aren't making any profit out of it and you need to rest your vocals." I can't believe I'm hearing this from him and he wasn't finished. "You should stay with me and visit your mom for a couple of days. I don't like the thought of you staying there. People will find out and your life will be hell."

I lift my sunglasses up so he can see my eyes. "Not everything is about making a profit. That is not who I am. It might be who you are, but not me. I'm staying with my mom whether you like it or not. The whole world can find out where I am and I will be fine. The true hell is being with you and you making me your pawn of lies."

Instead of saying anything he wraps his arm around me and gives me a kiss on the head. I pull my sunglasses down and head to the door.

I get to the car without anyone seeing me. The car heads down the road and the excitement in me is rising. I cannot wait to see my mom. It's been way too long. I bought her a new house that I still haven't been in.

Buying her the house was the best decision I've made, but my dad wouldn't shut up about it. If I'm making money I have the right to decide how to spend it. Helping my mom out and letting her live an easier life was an easy choice.

We pull up to the house and there was a huge gate around the whole house. I know I have seen pictures, but in person the gate looks a lot bigger. The driver buzzes in and the gate opens. When the gates open I was in awe. The house was huge and there was plenty of yard to do whatever.

I will be able to be outside and not have to worry about people knowing I'm here. The driver pulls up the driveway and I'm getting eager to open the door. I pull on the door handle and get out of the car.

As I get out of the car I see the door open to the house. Out of the door comes my mom. I run up to her and throw my arms around her.

"I missed you so much." I cry into her arms.

She rubs the back of my shoulder with her hand, "I missed you too baby. You are home now." She breaks the hug and looks at me, "well you are here."

I can see she wasn't sure what to call this place for me. "It's home momma."

Out of nowhere I hear an obvious barking getting closer and closer. Out from the house I see a dog flying towards me.

I grab my mom and hide behind her. The dog finds me anyways and starts jumping up and down.

"Rocky get down," My mom commands and the dog stops jumping and sits beside her. "No need to be scared Karla. Rocky was just introducing herself."

I put my hand to my heart as it slows down to normal speed. "How many animals do you have?"