Chapter 38

Camila POV

As I walk into the school I start to get nervous. What if what happen Saturday was a caught in the moment action and Lauren goes back to ignoring me?

I walk to my locker and grab my History book. As I go to the classroom I see Normani and Laruen chatting. Lauren looks up at me but quickly looks back down. This causes Normani to look my way but she makes a comment.

"Move on already Cabello. Lauren has."

I put my head down and walk into the classroom. I go to my desk and set my head down. I don't want to cry but that doesn't stop the tears from forming. I feel like I'm getting whip lash from Lauren.

I lift my head off the desk when I hear the teacher come in. I look over at Lauren's desk and she is there which means she is back to ignoring me. I run my fingers under my eyes and wipe the tears away.

I bring my hand down and notice mascara on it which means most likely it's all over my face. I get up and head towards the door quickly. "I think I'm going to get sick." I tell the teacher before running out.

I run to the bathroom and rest my hands on the sink. I slowly bring my head up and almost laugh at myself. God I need to pull myself together. I grab a paper towel and damp it. I carefully remove my eye makeup and clean where it smeared.

Moments later the door opens and Lauren walks through. "Why are you in here?"

"I thought we established that Saturday." She starts to approach me. "Or am I wrong?"

"You are the one who went back to ignoring me." I say with a sadden tone.

"I know." Lauren admits. "I only did that because Normani was around."

I sigh and look away. "So you can love me if people don't know?" This past month has been complete hell and I guess it's still not over. "I think I'm going to ask the office if I can go home. I can't be here right now."

I walk by Lauren and to the door." "Please don't go." Lauren speaks up.

"Why not? We both know once we leave the bathroom you will go back to pretending I don't exist." I start sniffling. "I can't go through that, not today when I thought everything was better. It hurts too much."

With that, I left the bathroom and went to the office.

Lauren POV

I walk back to History hoping Camila didn't' really leave but she never came back. I made her upset enough that she left school. All because I'm scared to tell Normani that I forgave her.

I make it through the first part of school and head to lunch. I've spent the last two hours trying to convince myself to come clean with Normani. I know if I don't things will forever be ruined with Camila.

"What's on your mind Lauren?" Normani ask. "You look like you're fighting with the thoughts in your head."

Am I that obvious? "I need to tell you something. I..."

"Where's Camila?" Brad questions as he sits down. "I thought you two made up."

I slowly look away from him and back to Normani who is trying to kill me through her eyes. "What is he talking about Lauren?"

"Camila and I love each other." I say softly.

Normani slams her hands to the table. "How can you forgive her and say you love her? After what she said and did to you."

"Because we talked about it." I explain. "There was more to the story then what I knew. A lot of it was her dad and she was trying to protect me."

Normani eyebrow raises. "How was she protecting you?"