Chapter 39

Camila POV

Lauren and I agreed that for a couple of days at school we would avoid each other so Normani will calm down. That time is up and I'm on my way to talk to her.

"Can we talk?" I ask her as I see she was done eating.

She looks around the table that I'm still not sitting at and glares at Lauren before looking back at me. "What do you want Cabello?"

"I want to talk to you alone."

She forcefully puts her hands down on the table and gets up. We both head out of the cafeteria. Once we were completely alone I start talking.

"Why do you hate me?"

Her nostrils flare out. "I don't hate you. I hate what you did. I hate seeing my best friend hurt."

"Lauren and I have talked about it and she forgave me. So why are you still mad?"

She stares me for an uncomfortable amount of time. "You might have apologized about things you said and did but there was other things that happen at the result of your comments."

I'm not following with what she is saying. "What are you referring too?"

"Did you know Lauren has physically been picked on by Megan and her posse? They shove her in lockers and would kick her. They tormented her and would remind her every day you didn't want Lauren."

My mouth falls open. "Why would what I say have anything to do with Megan picking on Lauren?"

Normani sticks her arm out and shoves me. "Because it has everything to do with you. Megan stopped being friends with her because of YOU. She hates Lauren because of YOU! So of course she will use you as a reason to hurt her."

Normani gives me one more shove. "I didn't know this. Lauren never told me she was getting hurt by Megan."

"Because she didn't want to talk to you! Everything bad in her life has been your fault!" She yells.

I wanted to break down but I couldn't. That's what she is wanting. She wants me to give. Normani goes to walk away but I speak up. "I'm not going anywhere. You can shove me, glare at me, or whatever you want but I will not stop loving Lauren and I will never stop fighting for her."

I take a couple of steps so I'm right in her face.

"I know I hurt her and I realize now it brought more pain then I knew. I will spend every day making it up to her. You can blame it all on me but why don't you ask yourself a question. Where were you to stop Megan? You knew it was happening and you did NOTHING. I get you are mad at me but I think you are mad at yourself more."

On cue the bell rang. I thank god because I'm sure she wants to beat my ass. I make my way to my locker and text Lauren.

Camila: we talked... I'm not sure how it went...

Lauren POV

Lauren: She is coming my way now.

Camila: Good luck with that

I shake my head laughing. "Who are you texting?" Normani reaches for my phone.

I put it behind my back and slide it in my pocket. "Calm down Mani."

"I can't calm down!" She yells causing me to take a step back. "Your girlfriend made me angry."

I look at the time before speaking. "Can we talk after school? We both are going to be late."

I'm assuming she is okay with it because she walks away. I let out a breath of air I was holding in. I go on with the rest of the day. I'm worried about Normani I'm not going to lie. If she ends up having a problem with Camila and not getting over it then what am I supposed to do?"