Chapter 9

Camila POV

I've been here for a few days and it has been nothing but paparazzi. I can't breathe without being questioned about Austin. It makes it hard to enjoy my time with him.

Austin is currently at an interview which leaves me alone at his house.

Not feeling completely comfortable here, I stay put on the couch. I decide to reach out to Lauren since I haven't heard from her since she left my house before I flew here.

Camila: Hey!

Lauren: Oh, hey...

My stomach sinks.

Camila: How's it going?

Lauren: Fine. Currently shopping.

Camila: What for?

Lauren: This dinner party with Luis and my friends.

Camila: Sounds like a nice first date.

Lauren: Well technically I had that last night.

Camila: Interesting... So are you official?

Lauren: Not yet, but who knows.

Camila: Okay.

Lauren: Something wrong?

Camila: Nothing important. I'll leave you alone. Hope you find something perfect.

Lauren: Alright, tell Austin hi. JK Please don't!

Camila: Bye.

I feel my blood warming up. Why do I always end up angry or sad when I finish talking to her? It's starting to feel toxic.

I get on twitter and sent out a tweet while I sit here doing nothing.

@KcCabello - All the hurt, all the lies all the tears that they cry when the moment is just right you see fire in their eyes.

Lauren POV

"Who were you texting?" Megan questions as we continue to shop.

"Kacey." I say with a bit of annoyance.

She grabs a dress and hands it to me. "Are you two fighting?"

I look at the dress she picks out and throw it back at her. "It's complicated." I can't explain what's going on because of the obvious reason.

Megan looks at me oddly. "Do you like her?"

"Obviously she is my friend."

She shakes her head. "Do you like her more than a friend? Do you have romantic feelings for her?"

I turn around and walk out of the store. Hoping Megan wouldn't follow me, but she did.

"Are you running away because you do?"

I turn around and look at her. "Why are you even asking me this? Aren't I picking out a dress for some dinner party to go with Luis, you know the guy I went on a date with?"

Megan grabs my arm and drags me over to the bench. I sit down and dodge looking at her.

"You avoided to answer the question."

I hit her with my own question. "Why do you think I like her more than a friend?"

She crosses her legs and looks at me. "Well first off she came out of nowhere." She laughs, but I don't. "You are vague on what you say about her."

I look her straight in the eye so she understands what I say. "That's because there is stuff about her no one can know."

"Okay, but what about the way you look at her or the way you chase after her when she left the diner that one day?"