Chapter 40

Lauren POV

The month of January has been going by quickly. Things seem to be on the right track in our circle of friends. The girls' night we had I think was what brought us all back together. Hell a lot of our conversations go back to the song we sang together. Dinah is all about becoming a girl band but I think she is nuts.

Camila is already a successful solo artist. There aren't many solo artist who make the career move to be in a girl band. Usually it's bands splitting up so they can go solo. I think Dinah is finally coming to terms with it.

"So what is the plan this weekend?" Normani ask the table as we all get seated.

"I have the photo shoot in Burbank California tomorrow so I'm flying there after school." Camila was first to answer.

Dinah throws a piece of food at her. "Look at you pop diva flying across the map to get your photo taken. Who do you think you are? A celebrity?

"Can you even call her one anymore?" All our heads turn to Megan who is leaning against our table. "She is hanging out with you losers."

"At least these losers have a heart." Brad tries to defend us.

I pull him back down to the bench. "She isn't worth it. She is bitter and will stay that way. She can't find her own happiness so she is trying to take everyone else's away.

Megan rolls her eyes. "What do you know Lauren?"

"What don't I know?"

"Try me. What possibly do you know about me?" Megan is dumb to challenge me. We were best friends.

"Who am I to air your personal secrets?"

This causes her to laugh as if she won. "You are a coward. You make it so easy for people to walk all over you."

I'm trying hard to be the bigger person and bite me tongue but she is making it so hard. "Well you make it easy to walk away from a friendship so I guess we both have our flaws."

Megan glares as she goes back to her table. Why can't she be content in her own life is beyond me.

My head goes back to Brad who has a handful of fries on him that were thrown by Dinah. "What the bloody hell?"

"That's for calling us losers." Dinah gives her reasoning. "Usually when you try to defend someone you leave out the negative words."

Brad looks tongue tied probably because Dinah can be intimidating. "Relax." I instruct him. "That is Dinah's way of telling you thanks."

The rest of the school day goes by in a hurry. I walk out with Camila to her vehicle. I'm riding with her to the airport. She could easily afford to keep her vehicle at the airport but she insisted I bring it back so I can see her when she gets back right away.

"Are you nervous?" Camila questions. "I know I only will be gone for two nights but most of our big arguments since I met you has come from when I'm away."

I wasn't nervous until she brought it up. "Are you telling me I should be?"

Camila reaches over and grabs my hand. "You don't have a thing to worry about."

I kiss her hand that's in mine. "I know. I wish I was going with you though. It seems like it will be a cool experience to work with the No H8 Campaign."

"I wish you were too. How coo would it be if we could do a shoot together at some point to show our support?" Camila's eyes light up and it's adorable. "Do you think your plan with your parents will work?"

"I have no clue." I say honestly. "But I have to try something. I can't live with myself sitting back and doing nothing."

Camila glances my way but then back at the road. "I have faith it will help. I wish I didn't have this photo shoot on the weekend your plan goes in effect but I'm glad Normani and Dinah will be there. Please call me if you need me. Don't hesitate."