Chapter 55

Camila POV

I can't believe in three days I'll officially be a high school graduate. No one believed that I would ever be a regular high school student. Heck, I never thought I would be. The first day I remember almost giving up and going back to LA. If it wasn't for Lauren finding me in that closet I would have missed out on so many things.

I've built friendships for life with Dinah and Normani. I also fell in love with my best friend. I love with Lauren and me how it was never rushed. I fully believed that we both waited out our feelings to make sure we knew what we truly felt.

There was a knock on my door. I get off my bed and walk to open it up. "Hey dad." I greet

He takes a step in my room. "I hear someone is graduating." My dad smiles and pulls me in a hug. "You know I wouldn't miss this. I'm proud of you Camila. I was one of the nonbelievers and you proved me wrong."

I savior the hug for a minute. "Thanks, it feels good to hear that."

We separate from our hug. "So what are your plans for the next couple of days?"

I walk over to my couch with him following. "I'm working on a graduation gift for Lauren. We are already done with school so I'm using the free time to make her gift perfect."

"Why don't we all go for dinner?" My father suggest out of the blue. "Invite her parents and of course her. I will mention something to your mother and her boyfriend."

This could turn out interesting. "I'll ask Lauren but there is something you need to know and not bring up at the dinner."

"What's that?"

"Lauren's dad left them when he got released from rehab." I explain. "It will be best if you don't mention him at all."

He nods his head understanding. "I won't." He gets up. "I'm going to work everything out. Let Lauren know tomorrow around seven. It won't be where you have to dress up fancy."

"Okay." I watch as he leaves the room. I grab my phone out and text her.

Camila: Are you busy tomorrow night?

Lauren: Not that I know of.

Camila: Great! Dinner at 7 with our families!

Lauren: This seems like an ambush.

Camila: It's not. My father wants to do something nice.

Lauren: Babe I was joking

Camila: Okay so I'll see you tomorrow night!

Lauren: Why not tonight... in my bed?

Camila: Tempting but I'm working on a master piece

Laruen: Ha, okay. I'll see you tomorrow <3

Camila: Or in your dreams :P

I set my phone down and go back to work. I've been working on a song. This isn't like the other songs. This one has to be completely perfect. I want it to be the one that makes Lauren shed tears. Not because she is ad but because she is fully understanding how much I love her and the tears will be full of joy.

I spend the next five hours going over the lyrics and messing around with the music. There was a lot of changes happening an immense amount of frustration.

I finally put everything down and throw some different clothes on. It is about six and the store I need to get to closes at eight. I grab my purse and keys. I go over to my door and jump when I see someone.