Chapter 28

Lauren POV

I barely slept last night. I haven't slept well for a while. The last month and half flew by in a blink of an eye. Camila leaves on Wednesday to go on her holiday tour and I'm bummed. I won't see her for over a month. I've been trying to be supportive because I know it's her career but I've grown so attach to her. Not in a way where I have to be around her 24/7, but in the aspect I'm used to seeing her and now our communication is going to be through a phone.

Thinking of phone, my phone buzzes and I pull it off the charger. Camila's name pops up and I read the text message.

Camila: Good morning babe! You need to get dressed right now and start your mission. I have a surprise for you and it's up to you to figure it out. Go to your front door and let the games begin. Have a good day and see you at the end of it. XOXO

What kind of mission? I try to figure it out but I realize I got nothing. I set my phone to the side as I start to get dress.

I slip a pair of jeans on and my black converse. I pull off my shirt I slept in so I could put on a new shirt and grab my coat. I run to the bathroom and brush my teeth and brush my hair. I decided to throw a beanie on. I grab my phone then exit my room head to my front door.

I open the door up and there was a bouquet of white daisies. I pick them up and smell them. Around the flowers was yarn that had a set of keys and a note attached. I look up and see Camila's Range Rover was parked out front but she was nowhere in sight.

I walk back inside to put the flowers in a vase and on my dresser. I go back outside and open the note up.

Are you ready for a small adventure? I sure hope so! You will need my vehicle to get you to place to place. Don't worry, there aren't that many stops. I will give you a clue on where to go and at each stop there will be clues on what the surprise is. It's up to you to figure out your surprise and find your way to me. I hope I see you soon!

Clue #1 ... You found me on the ground crying when I got overwhelmed... (Yes this place is unlocked)

I stare at the clue. I found her on the ground crying? It suddenly clicks after a couple of minutes. I go to her vehicle and get in. She must trust me if she is letting me drive this without her being here with me. I pull away from my house and drive to the school. The parking lot is full so there must be a sporting event or something going on.

I lock her vehicle and head into the school. I make my way through the halls and down the hallway where the supplies door is. I jiggle the door to make sure it wasn't lock. I open it up and click the light. On the ground I see a toy airplane surrounded by tickets you would get a fair. The tickets are in a heart shape. I look at both objects... Plane ticket?

I pick up the note and read...

This clue should be easy. Don't over think it. It is what you are most likely thinking. Clue #2... Since you are at the school you need to go to my locker and get in to it. My combination is five numbers higher of the month number we became official, three less than the day and fifteen higher than the year this is. Good luck!

We became official on 10/7/14. I walk to her locker and calculate the numbers. Her combination should be 15/4/29. I put the combination in and pull up on the handle. It opens and I see a bag in there. I pull it out and pull out a white t-shirt that has Lana Del Rey on it. I definitely like this gift. I reach in the bag and pull out the note.