Chapter 45

Camila POV

I pull up to Lauren's house a little sad last night was over. Lauren and I both get out and I walk with her to her door.

"Last night was special." Lauren says as she stands right in front of me.

I take a step closer as I put my hands on her hips. "It was the best night of my life. I fell more in love with you."

Lauren's eyes go to the ground as she shyly smiles. "I feel the same."

I lean in and place my lips to her forehead. "I'll text you later."

I drop my hands and turn to walk back to my vehicle. I take one step before suddenly I get spun back around. "I'm not ready for you to go." Lauren's husky voice fills my ears.

She pulls me in a kiss. I pull away when I needed air to breathe. I look into Lauren's eyes that look dilated. "I don't want to go."

I nod my head to the house. Lauren stays looking at me as she reaches behind her to the door handle. The door opens and I connect our lips back together as I push her backwards into her house. When we get in the house I use my foot to shut the door. Lauren pushes me against the door roughly.

"Holy shit."

Lauren breaks away and we both turn to the voice. "Chris?" Lauren ask confused. "What are you doing here?"

Lauren backs away from me and walks into the living room with her brother.

"I should go." I say. "I'll text you later Lauren."

Lauren POV

Camila leaves and I turn back to my brother who is staring at me like he seen a ghost.

"Camila and you..." He struggles to put a sentence together. "kissing...dating?"

Can't lie, this is a little awkward. "Yes we are dating."

"Wow." He takes a seat. "Since when?"

"October." I answer as I sit too. "Why are you here? You could get in trouble."

Chris takes a while to shake off what he witnessed. "I can't stay there Lauren."

"Where?"

"At the foster home." He has a worried look on his face. "Taylor and I are miserable."

Hearing that makes my heart break. "I thought you guys liked the family. Don't they treat you well?"

Chris looks right at me. "We have been lying to you. We didn't' want to make you worry."

"God damn it." I yell in frustration. "Have they put their hands on you?"

He shakes his head. "No. they just don't care. It's worse than it was here. They purposely make us meals we don't like. They put a lock on the fridge and pantry so we can't ever eat so we are forced to eat the nasty garbage. They won't let us hang with friends. They never talk to us. All they care about is that check at the end of the month. Then there is school."

My blood pressure is rising. I always thought that they were better off. I hate myself for not seeing the truth. "What happened at school?"

"We don't fit in. It's an intercity school and we are the minorities. Taylor is constantly being teased. She comes home crying all the time. I am constantly getting beat up because I don't dress like them or they hate how my hair is. We don't belong."

I look at Chris and his eyes are red. This is what happens when he tries not to cry. This lets me know he isn't making anything up.

"Lauren I need your help." He pleads. "Get us out of there."