Chapter 19

Camila POV

I finish putting my suitcase in my car. I run inside to give my mom a hug and a kiss goodbye. I asked her to come to the two shows, but she is feeling a little under the weather. I didn't want to tell her, but it makes me sad. She hasn't seen me perform in forever. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't like my life as an artist.

I go back out of the house and smile when I see three familiar faces. "It's unlock so you can put your bags in there."

Dinah, Normani and Lauren all load their suitcases. It's early on this Friday morning. This weekend worked out perfectly with them being able to come. We have a four day weekend so we won't be missing any school. My shows are on Saturday and Sunday.

We will be staying in a hotel tonight until Monday. I booked us two rooms, but they connect so we won't be separated that much.

Everyone gets in and we hit the road. The arena is only two hours away so it isn't going to be that bad of a trip. Honestly I wouldn't mind being in a car with these girls for ten hours because they are all funny.

"So who is staying with who?" Dinah asks as we approach the hotel.

I stay quiet and let them decide. I obviously have a favorite of the group, but I don't want it to appear that way.

"Dinah and I will stay together." Normani takes charge. "So you are stuck with Lauren."

Lauren reaches around her seat and smacks Normani's leg. "Thanks you ass."

I pull up to the valet area and we check in. Afterwards we go to our rooms. Lauren and I go into ours and the others go in theirs.

"So are you upset you got stuck with me?" Lauren questions.

"Not at all." I set my bags down and walk up to her. "I was hoping it would be you and me."

It was cute watching her face change colors and the shaking she is trying to hide in her hands. "Why?"

I lean in and give her a soft kiss on her cheek. "Hopefully all that will be explained soon."

I hear the door that connects our two room together jiggle. I back away from Lauren and the girls come in.

"So what's the game plan?" Dinah ask flopping on my bed.

I look at the time. "I have an interview that my dad has set up and after I have to go to rehearsals. You guys can do whatever and I can catch up after."

I don't want them to be bored by following me around or staying here and doing nothing.

"How about we go with you to the interview then we can break apart." Normani suggest. "Since we will see both concerts we don't need to watch you get bossed around while you go through all that jazz."

"Sounds good to me." Dinah and Normani go back to their room .I look over at Lauren who looks a bit down.

"Hey are you okay?" I sit beside her and put my arm around her lower back.

Lauren puts her head on my shoulder. She stays quiet for about two minutes. "I have a lonely feeling. I know it sounds crazy since I'm here with you guys."

"It doesn't sound crazy." I assure. "I know what it's like to be around hundreds of people and still feel lonely."

She lifts her head off my shoulder and looks at me with her beautiful green eyes. "Do you know how to fix it? I don't want to feel like this."

Lauren looks broken and I hate it. I gently place my hand on hers. "I wish I could snap my fingers and take the feeling away. I hate seeing you with any kind of sadness. I know it won't help today, but I aligned a surprise for you tomorrow and I think it might help with your lonely feeling."