Chapter 49

Lauren POV

We got back late last night that I was too tired to check out the reaction of Camila coming clean about our relationship. I don't have time now either because I have to get ready for school.

I hurry and get ready. I grab my school bag and my phone. I glance at it and see a text from Camila.

Camila: I'm picking you up.

It's like she knows I'm running late. I go out my front door and there she is waiting. I go to her passenger door and get in. "Hey. What made you want to pick me up?"

Camila pulls away from the curve. "Well I am your girlfriend. I should be doing this all the time but you always insist on walking."

"Fresh air is nice in the morning." I say my reason even if it isn't fully true. I don't want to be a burden on her every morning and the walk isn't that bad.

"So how do you think school will go?" Camila is referring to us being confirmed.

I shrug. "I have no idea. It's one thing to have a celebrity randomly go to your school. It's another for them to turn our gay or bi you know."

I wasn't exactly sure what Camila would refer to herself as but to me it doesn't matter.

"At least we can be our true self now." Camila comments. "No more looking over our shoulders or being scared the wrong person might find out."

Positive Camila is my favorite Camila. She pulls into the parking lot and before we get out I ask her a question. "Did your mom say anything?"

Camila grabs her bag from the backseat. "She told me she saw the interview. She didn't say much other than that she liked the song. I'm trying to give her time now that it's out."

That makes perfect sense. We both get out and walk to the building. Camila is walking extremely close with her hand accidently bumping into me. I know what she is wanting and it's cute how she is nervous. You would think she be more brave with coming out. I do the honors and interlock our fingers as we go into the school.

I walk Camila to her lockers with a lot of eyes on us. I went to give her a kiss when my eyes caught someone. They shoot open as my mouth drops.

"Chris?!?" Camila turns around and looks at my brother that is coming down the hallway. "What are you doing here?"

He wraps his arms around me and squeezes. "I go here now. You got us out Lauren."

Tears of joy fill my eyes. "Please tell me you aren't lying."

"He's not." I hear Megan's voice. I break the hug from him to look at her. "Taylor and Chris are living with us."

Chris pats my back causing me to look back at him. "I have to go to the office. I will see you around now that I can." Chris excuses himself.

"Do you still think I'm a terrible person?" Megan questions.

I think what she did to Daniel was terrible but I can't call her that now for what she did to me. "No. Thank you so much."

She nods. "It was the least I could do. My parents love you and wanted to help." I need to make sure I thank them personally. "I'll see you both in history."

Megan walks away and I turn to Camila wearing a huge smile. "I can't believe this."

"Things are turning out for the best." Camila says like she did on the plane. "You might want get your stuff to your locker. I wouldn't want you to start your school week with a detention. That might kill your good day."

I hurry to my locker and make it to my class before the bell rung.

Camila POV

I am currently in study hall browsing on the computer. So far I have no idea the reaction to Lauren and me. My dad hasn't told me anything so I thought that could be a good sign.