tolerance | three

chapter three: irritatingly irresistible

[ jeonghan ]

i am standing in front of this very big building as i will apply for a job. of course, you gotta work hard to earn more money. more work more money.

it actually was a long argument between me and vein about me getting a job. im not a kid anymore, and she's treating me like a baby. even if she's rich, i just can't rely on her money alone. im the guy in this relationship. in addition to the burden, mom and dad died years ago for christ's sake. nobody's left for me but myself. luckily, i got their savings, and i would like to use it very well. as far as i know, i also aim high for myself.

after the interview and all

the interview went very well. they told me that i passed everything. like literally everything. they even said i could start tomorrow right away. i am already walking towards the door of this building 'til i saw a guy just a little taller than me who's very familiar. that suit, that hair, that aura. fuck, its vein's brother.

should I greet him?

should I say hello?

vein said not to get involved tho?

why is he here?

is he following me?

my brain wasn't functioning right, but I found myself walking towards him without looking at those eyes, dark eyes. but I also had no choice, i was gonna get out anyways so probably i'd just bump into him.

"oh, vein's boyfriend."

i was startled as i heard a husky voice that was soothing, but is screaming authority. it was a good kind of husky voice, its too unfair since my voice is not that deep but..

"oh come on, look at me."

he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into his gaze. we met each others eyes and it felt like a dream.

"why do you look so shocked?"

"o-oh no i was just in uhm.."

i can't think straight.

fuck my brain. his gaze was no joke. it was very catching and was very.. attractive.

am I really saying this to my girlfriend's brother? what is wrong with me?

"you're stuttering, han."

"y-you can't call me that." i stuttered.

"can't I?"

he leaned in closer and i felt so much pressure, and as my heart's beating so fast and something was going on in my stomach. still, we were staring at each other, looks like he's enjoying his game.

"what exactly are you?" i bravely asked.

"oh, i am yours."

i almost jumped in shock.

"i am your sister's boyfriend."

"you're not married." he shrugged.

"what the fu-"

he put his index finger in my lips.

"too noisy. what are you doing here?"

"no, what are you doing here?"

"oh, did you just got accepted in here?"

i didn't answer but i was too weak to show a sign i didn't get in. so he probably knew that i got accepted here. what's his deal anyways?