alternate ending | one

alternate ending: seongcheol

chapter reference: sixteen :>
what if he didn't leave

after waking up we went to the chapel where my sister is. we were slightly happy and was more smiling than yesterday. well we got a good night sleep right.

i touched the band-aid on my neck. hiding my hickey of course. and yeah, pretty muh that, i super can't walk well. but, can't let that show. or else we'll be scolded.

we both arrived there and saw his parents. we were about to greet tem but they immediately cut us.

"go to the house, lets talk."

we just fucking arrived here tho? they could've texted us not to leave. urgh. i was slightly annoyed but, also im nervous. they didn't want this to be public so there has to be a reason in it.

we went back in the car.

"you see the attitude, seongcheol? you really are like your mother."

"you hate your in-laws now?" he said.

"future." i added.

"just let them be, they were really angry you know, especially mom. vein was a favorite. they really forgot about and focused on her. so, at the age of sixteen, i started working at a company and worked way up. without the help of them."

"really?" i was shocked. i didn't knew.

"my family don't have a business. i worked and studied at the same time. now i own one. they don't even know that im owning one. maybe there was a help from them. thank them for the house and food."

"they helped a little, i guess."

"yeah, and i had no bills. it was easy for me to work hard and save money."

i was just nodding and we arrived at their house. so we were nervous all of a sudden. when his parents went to the dining room.

fuck, this has to be serious.

when we both went to the kitchen room, their parents were staring at us, all of a sudden. angrily.

"explain this."

they showed a letter and handed it to seongcheol roughly.

hi mom, hi dad. its me vein. im sorry for what i did. by the time you read this, i am dead. obviously. why did i did this? your son did this to me. he really went in the way huh? i couldn't handle the pain, and yeah i decided to do this. dumb? for love, right? cause of death, being fool at love. but, can you blame me?

seongcheol was baffled and looked at me.

"what?" i immediately asked.

"i didn't do anything." seongcheol said.

"i knew it seongcheol, you thought we wouldn't raise suspicion on you?! you were the only one that could cause this! you always fight with your sister and now she's gone!"

"no, maam. you're wrong, seongcheol did not-"

"shut up! none of this is your business."

"it is! i am dating seongcheol."

it seems that seongcheol were shocked that i said that. i know it wasn't a good time but, i had to. seongcheol looked at me and i can't read his face. while his mother and father were looking at him very angry.

"how could you do this, seongcheol. if you were the one who died then it wouldn't be like this! i don't want a son like you! you are homophobic and trash! get out you bastard! get out!"