Rumors | 7

These sheets smell different.  It smells like men's cologne.  You slowly got up from where you were.  "Shoot," you grumbled.  "I'm not home."  Before coming to any conclusion, you checked to see if your clothes were on.  You released sigh of relief when you saw your clothes were still intact.  "It's fine, I'm still in Jungkook's shirt."

"Wait, I'm in Jungkook's shirt!"  Shit, shit, shit.  I'm still here.  I didn't go home.  My parents are going to kill me.  You rushed outside of his room, and ran down to the kitchen where you saw Jungkook attempting  to make pancakes.

"What's the rush princess?"  He asked, back still turned away from you.  "Jungkook, my parents are going to kill me.  Kill me." 

Jungkook chuckled at your panicked reaction.  "Don't worry babe, I already assured them that you were going to stay over."

"First of all.  Don't call me babe, I don't call you something like daddy so return the favor."  

"I would like you to call me th-"

"Second of all," you said, cutting him off.  "Why didn't you wake me up?  I could've left, then you could've slept in your own bed instead of somewhere else."

Jungkook just shrugged.  "You're a heavy sleeper.  Even your parent's phone call didn't wake you up."  

You got embarrassed at him mentioning your sleep habits.  "Shut up okay?  I'm not a heavy sleeper... I was just tired yesterday." You pouted and furrowed your eyebrows together.

"Whatever floats your boat princess."  Jungkook chuckled and tried to flip the burnt batter.

"Are you trying to make pancakes?" You questioned.  "Cause if you are, they definitely do not  look like pancakes."

"Well, okay, I'm n-not making pancakes, but if I was, then I don't think they'd be that bad," he stuttered out red.

You tried stifling your laughter.  "Let me help you Jeon."  You walked over to him, and took the pan away from his hand.  Then, you started cleaning up the mess he created.  "Grab me some eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, and a squeezy bottle."

"Okay okay, missy."  Jungkook rolled his eyes, but he was secretly grateful that you decided to help him.

30 Minutes Later...

"I didn't know you could make food," Jungkook said, surprised.

"Well, I don't have the money to go out and just buy food," you said. 

Jungkook's expression softened at your answer.  "It tastes really  good though Y/N!"

"Awww, thanks Kookie."  You grinned wide and playfully squeezed his cheeks.

At the feel of your touch, his check burned as if they were on fire and his body stiffened.  "N-no problem."  

"Anyways, let's try to eat quicker.  Your little kitchen disaster left us with less time to go to school."

10 Minutes Later...

"I could've walked here Jungkook, you literally live like, five minutes away from the school."

"Your welcome Y/N.

"Fine, whatever, thank you Jeon."  

The both of you walked out of his sports car together and entered school.  As soon as you stepped onto the campus, you could feel this weird atmosphere.

People were shooting you glances.  All  types of glances.  Glares, disappointing expressions, flat out stares.  

'What is wrong with people today?  Do I have something on my face?'

You decided to not pay it any mind and started walking towards your locker.

Again, you felt your back melt from the burning glares people were giving you.  As you were walking through the school halls, you could hear people whisper and gossip.

"Who does she think she is to walk in with Jungkook?"

"She doesn't deserve my Jungkookie."

"Why did they get out of the same car?  Don't tell me they stayed the night together!"

"She's so ugly and low class, Jungkook would never like a girl like her."

You were effected most by the last comment, and you didn't even know why.  All your life people would tell you that you were low class, and you never received comments about you being pretty, so why, why'd  it hurt so much?

'I didn't know Jungkook was that popular.  If he was, I wouldn't have become friends with him and get myself into this trouble.'

You didn't want to show how much the rude gossip affected you so you continued to walk towards your locker, but then your face met the floor.

One of the popular girls had tripped you.  You were sprawled across the floor in the most unflattering position ever.  Your books were scatterred and your body ached from the hard impact.  You could feel your eyes start to burn and the tears start to pile.

"You, you don't ever go near  Jungkook, got that?"  You looked up to see the Queenka, Ji Woo glaring at you.  All around you, you could hear people laughing at you and making other mean comments based on your status and appearance.

You slowly got up from where you were, the pain in your body making your legs quiver.  You didn't dare say anything because your tears were threatening to fall out.  You couldn't afford to be looked down upon.

Although you were embarrassed, no humiliated, you just brushed off the dust on your clothes, collected all of your books, and walked away from the crowd.  

'Why, why did it have to be me?  I'm only friends with him, he would never even consider me in that light so why are they even targeting me?'

You had your limits.  Everybody does.  And you started to cry, tears were rolling down your face like there was no tomorrow.  The storm clouds in your eyes wouldn't be moving away soon.

"I just want to move away again," you mumbled sadly to yourself.  "It's not like I would be leading a normal life, what was I even expecting," you chuckled sadly.  The bell rang, signaling that school hours had begun.

Unlike the previous days, you slowly dragged yourself towards your first period class, the weight in your heart weighing you down.

When you finally walked into class and sat down on your seat, a confused Jungkook started bombarding you with questions.

"Why the long face?  Why are your eyes red and swollen?  How did your arms and legs get bruised.  You need to go to the nurses office, your body is bleeding!"

"Jungkook, just please.  Please don't talk to me right now."

To be Continued...