I Like Him? | 27

Y/N's POV:

"Y/N, you like Jungkook, don't you."

My body went rigid at Taehyung's question.  It should've been something easy to answer, but I found myself rethinking the question again and again.

"W-what? No, I d-don't like him."  My throat got dryer and the guilty consciounce was eating me away again.

'No way, do I actually like him?'

"I don't think you know what you're feeling Y/N," Taehyung said calmly.  "Answer my questions honestly."

I trusted Taehyung.  I was super close to him.  I could tell him anything because he'd keep it a secret and help me through whatever troubles I have.

"O-okay, I will."

"How do you feel when you see Jungkook?"

My cheeks instantly reddened and my stomach started feeling warm and bubbly.  Fidgeting with my fingers, I said, "I, I feel happy whenever I see him.  B-but that could just be because we're friends."  

"Okay then, how do you feel when someone mentions his name?"  Taehyung was staring at me so intensely that I felt like jumping off a cliff.

"I, um, I feel.  I don't know what I feel.  I guess, giddy in a way?"  Just him mentioning Jungkook's name made you feel a lot more bright and joyful.  

"When he's sad or hurt, do you feel the same way?  Would you rather take the hit for him?"

"Whenever he's hurt, I would volunteer to take the pain for him.  But then again, it could just be because we're friends."  The more Taehyung was asking you these questions, the more you felt confident in answering them.

"Fine.  Answer my final question very  honestly.  How did you feel when you found out about Jungkook's crush on Ji Woo.  How do you feel whenever he's around Ji Woo, when he talks about her, how he compliments her?"

This was the hardest question, and I didn't know why.  Was I afraid of something?  Of getting hurt?  I bit my lip hard before answering him.

"I feel, I, I feel sad whenever he's around Ji Woo."  'Do I like him?  For real?'  

"Do you want him to compliment you and talk about you like he does with Ji Woo?"

And then it hit me.  I like Jungkook.  I like him.  When you realize you like someone, your feelings get heightened by so much.  It was a huge rush for me.

"I-I do."  You only spoke two words but those two words confirmed your feelings.

"Okay, so let me ask you again Y/N.  Do you like Jungkook?"

"I-I, I think I like h-him," my answer was almost like a whisper.  It was like I was afraid to answer him. 

"It's okay Y/N.  You can trust me," Taehyung said, smiling warmly.

"Did you guys forget about me?"  Jin suddenly breaks into the conversation.  "The members already had a hunch that you liked Jungkook Y/N, it's fine to admit it now."

"D-don't tell him," I said scared.  "He doesn't feel the same way about me and he already likes Ji Woo.  I'm f-fine with staying as friends, please don't tell hi-"

"Relax girl.  We'll take your confession to our graves if we have to."  Jin was joking but at the same time, serious about keeping your little secret.

"Y/N, you don't have to worry, we'll never spill it."  

"Thanks guys.  Thanks for everything.  I'm glad that you guys helped me realize my feelings."  And I was, I know what I'm feeling.  I'll know to better control myself.

"We're always here for you Y/Nie!"  Taehyung said nudging your arm.

"We're done with the party games guys!"  The sudden yell made me jump out of my chair.

"Wow, what were you guys talking about that made you react that way?"  Yoongi was joking but everybody was just silent.

Taehyung and Jin looked at me for consent to spill our conversation.  I just nodded because I'd only look dumb denying my feelings when everyone already knows.

"We already kinda knew Y/N.  You were like a lost puppy for our Kookie," Hoseok sang out.

"Yah! I wasn't that hyped for him okay?  It's just a little crush that's all."  The longer they were talking about my feelings, the more uncomfortable I felt.  It's not that I wasn't okay with them knowing, but the feeling felt so foreign to me.  I was afriad.

"Mhmm," Namjoon said teasing me.

"Aish, you guys are too mean."  I glared at all of them before trying to change the subject.  "When are they coming back?"

"I don't know.  Let me message Jimin."  Taehyung pulled out his phone and started typing.  A couple minutes later, he frowned..

"What's wrong TaeTae?"  It was rare to see Taehyung frown.

"N-nothing, Jimin just said that he might come a bit later than expected.  Maybe an hour or two later." 

"Oh."  I felt really disappointed because I had everything prepared.  I'd have to wait a longer time to see him happy.  'Oh gosh I really do like him a lot don't I?'  

"Wait, why?"  When I asked the question, Taehyung was acting off.  He was nervous almost.

"J-jungkook just wanted to play a bit longer and then go shopping afterwards.  Y-you know?  That kid loves shopping."  Taehyung was stuttering even more than usual but I didn't ask anymore.

If Jungkook was happy buying clothes and spending time with Jimin, than I was happy too.  'Gosh, why?  Why did I become so cheesy?'   I cringed at myself but I knew my feelings were honest.  

Taehyung's POV:

The truth was, Jungkook asked Ji Woo to be his girlfriend.  She, of course, said yes.  Jimin said they met her along the way when they were getting ice-cream and then Jungkook made a move.  I didn't want Y/N to be sad and leave before Jungkook even came, so I decided to hide it.

They were going to be around two hours late because Jungkook wanted to go on his first date with Ji Woo.  That means Jimin can come back, but without Jungkook.  This is really too much.  'The girl I like, likes someone else.  But the guy she likes, likes someone else.'  

For the time being I wanted to make Y/N happy so she could be more mentally prepared when he comes back.  

"Do you want to play hiding seek with me?"

To be Continued...