Hospital Room | 42

Taehyung's POV:

"S-she's awake!"

I quickly got up from where I was seated and basically ran over to Y/N's hospital bed.  "Y-Y/N, you're awake!"  I grabbed her hand and it was a lot warmer than it was before.

"Y-yeah, I am," she said.  I could tell she was still weak and not completely functioning.  

"Lay down, don't try to move your body too much," I said worried.

"Are you feeling better?"  The doctor got out his clipboard and seated himself near Y/N's body.

"I-I guess?"

"Do you still feel dizzy, light-headed, or confused?"

"I feel a bit dizzy and light-headed, but I'm fully aware of the things around me."

The doctor scribbled something onto a small piece of paper, and gave it to me.

"I'm assuming you're her guardian.  This is the prescription for the medicine she should be taking.  The receptionist at the front should be able to give it to you before you leave."  Before leaving, he said, "When you're feeling better.  You can leave.  I'll check up on you again in about thirty minutes."

"Y/N, what happened?"  She looked uncomfortable with answering the question, but I had to know in order to help her.   I wasn't going to let her hide anything from me that could continue to harm her.

"N-nothing happened.  I was just tired from no sleep yesterday.  I guess I didn't know how tired I was," she said chuckling.  I knew she was lying. 

"Y/N, tell me the truth."

"I am-"  Before she could finish her sentence, the door burst open.

"Are you okay?"

"Y/N!  What happened?"

"Who did this?"

The rest of Bangtan started hovering around her body, everybody but Jungkook.  "Guys, give her some space," I said.

All of them sheepishly grinned and took a seat.  Jungkook was acting weird.  I was certain that he'd be the first one to arrive and worry about her condition.  And yet, he was so relaxed.  

The whole entire time Bangtan was caring for her, he was stuck to the chair, playing games.

I was getting annoyed at his behavior, but I wasn't going to cause a scene here.  Not in front of Y/N.  

"Jungkook, can you get Y/N a glass of water?"

Y/N's POV:

 "Jungkook, can you get Y/N a glass of water?" Taehyung asked.  I knew that he was annoyed at Jungkook for not worrying about me.

"N-no, I'm fine.  I'm not thirsty at all," I stammered out.  I could see Jungkook scoff and roll his eyes.  It hurt when he did that.  There was a physical pain in my heart.  (side note: this is caused by stress hormones so your heart actually hurts when you're sad. the more you know right?)

Truth be told, my throat was extremely sore.  I wanted to drink water, but I didn't want Taehyung to be suspicious if Jungkook acted up.

"You're not?"  Taehyung cocked his eyebrow at me.  "You sure?"

I faked a laugh and playfully hit his shoulder.  "I'm not.  Why would I lie about that?"  Lately I've been saying that.  Why do I lie about these things?  I should be telling them so that they could help me, and yet, I don't.  I don't because of Jungkook.  I've sacrificed so much for him already, a little more wouldn't hurt right?

"Okay, if you're not thirsty right now, I'll get you water later.  Just tell me."  That's what I loved about Taehyung.  He was always so sweet and caring.  He'd give up his time to care about other people.

"Thank you TaeTae," I said, smiling at him.  

"Faking innocence, huh?" Jungkook muttered.  Nobody but me heard it.  His words slowly pierced my heart.  There's no way I couldn't cry.

"Guys," I said shakily.  "I'm fine, just a little exhausted.  You can continue without me for the party.  Don't spend your Christmas Eve in a hospital room."  I smiled weakly at them.

"Nope, we're staying here," they all said firmly.

I was so close to crying, and I couldn't let them see.  "Guys, please just continue without me.  I'll be unhappy if you stay here.  I'm going to leave in an hour or so anyway."  I was almost begging them.

Jungkook was the only one to get up from where he was.  "I need to help Ji Woo.  I'll be going."  Everyone looked at him shocked and wide eyed.  He grabbed his jacket and exited out of the door.

Of course.  What was I expecting?  He'd choose Ji Woo over me any time of the day.  Any day of they year.  

"What's up with him?" Jin asked frowning.

"How could he just leave?" Jimin said.

"He needs to help Ji Woo, it's fine.  I think you all should go get ready for the party."  If I said it like that, they wouldn't have budged.  "If you don't leave now, there won't be any party for me to go to," I joked.

Everyone laughed, but the atmosphere was still tense.

"Y/N," Taehyung said sternly.  "What's wrong?  Why did this happen?"  I appreciated how much he cared, but if he continued to ask me, I'd burst into tears.

"Nothing happened TaeTae," I said tiredly.  "I was just sleep deprived and forgot to bring my umbrella.  I guess the cold got to me and I fainted."  Over the past months, I had gotten better at lying.  50% of the words that came out of my mouth were lies.  I didn't intentionally fib, I did it to protect the people around me.

"Stop lying," Yoongi said.  Everyone just nodded.

"I'm not lying.  It's true."  Yoongi didn't say anything, he just pulled his phone out.  After a couple seconds of pressing buttons and scrolling, he flashed me his screen.

My jaw dropped at what I saw.  It was the video of Ji Woo beating me in the restroom.  The day I got my period.  The day I supposedly fell down the stairs.

When I saw it for myself, I looked way worse.  My body looked so torn up.  I looked so weak, so helpless.

"W-where, where'd you get t-this?"

To be Continued...