Movie Night | 35

Y/N's POV:

"That's what happened?"  I was horrified at how any parents could treat their children like that.  I thought that Jungkook was living the life all this time and now I feel empty knowing that he had to go through this abuse.

Jungkook only nodded.  He was shaking, his tears threatening to fall out.  He looked so vulnerable and broken, it made my heart quench.

"Jungkook, it's okay to cry.  Don't worry.  I'm here for you.  I don't care if you cry or show me your weak side.  Hey, that's what friends are for right?"  I pat his shoulder and bring him it a hug.  He didn't answer me, but when I felt something wet trickle down my shirt, I knew that he took my words to heart.

I tried soothing him by caressing his back with my hand.  We stayed like that for quite a while.  His sniffles and whimpers calmed down and his body seemed to relax in my hold.  I'm pretty sure we would've fallen asleep in each other's arms if the delivery man hadn't rung the doorbell.

"W-wait here Jungkook, I'll go get the pizza."  I slowly took my arms of his waist and stared at his face.  He wasn't crying anymore, nor was his face a shade of light red.  'He's okay now.'   

"O-okay," Jungkook replied.  After he said that, I bolted out of my room and snatched my wallet to pay for the pizza.

"Thank you!"  With my left hand carrying the large box, I opened the fridge and grabbed two bottles of banana milk with my right hand.  It would've been easier to clean up the mess if we were to eat in the kitchen, but I wanted Jungkook to be comfortable so I took all the food to my bedroom.

"Here you go Jeon."  I tossed him a bottle.

"Thanks Y/N," he said chuckling.  "You really do know my favorite."  He quickly busted the bottle open and pealed off the silver seal.

"It wouldn't take a detective to know you like banana milk.  You literally drink it every lunch."  I just laughed at his cuteness and settled myself down on the bed.  The pizza was already pre cut so I grabbed a slice and handed it to Jungkook.

After getting myself situated, I grabbed a box and placed it in between me and Jungkook.  "Okay, so what movie do you want to watch?"  I decided to choose a movie night since I didn't have any anime, nor do I have any subscriptions.

He rummaged through the bin until he found the one he liked.  "How about this one?"  In his hand, Jungkook held the DVD for The Matrix.

(disclaimer: i haven't actually watched the movie so i won't be describing anything that happens in the movie, sorry. i just didn't want it to be a cliché romance movie where things get steamy and awkward or a horror movie where y/n gets scared and jungkook is like hahaha don't worry i will protect you)

"That's a good movie, have you ever watched it?"  I asked, grabbing the disk from his hand.

"I haven't actually, as you now know, I'm not really allowed to go outside that much."

"You're not allowed to and yet you sneak off almost everyday."  I playfully raised my eyebrow at him as I set up the movie.

"Hey, it's not my fault.  If you were in my shoes, you'd probably run away too!"

"Well, your shoes are too big and I can't fit them."

"Aish, I don't have big feet, you just have minuscular feet," Jungkook exclaimed.

"Whatever, zip your mouth the movie is starting!"  I got off my bed and turned off the lights.  If you watch movies with lights on, I'm sorry, but we can't be friends.  Having the lights off is a must for amazing movie viewing experiences.

I hopped onto my bed and wrapped myself in a blanket, similar to the position I was in before Jungkook came.  I have to be honest.  The whole entire time, I couldn't concentrate on the movie at all.  I was too busy trying to check if Jungkook was okay or if I was acting weird.

If this was before his birthday party, I wouldn't have been this careful, but the situation I was in was weird.  It's like once you see it, you can't unsee it.  I can't tell myself I don't like Jungkook when I clearly do.  It might seem like I was overreacting, but I mean, can you really blame me?

The guy I like is in bed with me, like one foot away.  How could I keep my cool?  I had already watched The Matrix so I didn't bother trying to keep up with the plot.  Jungkook was hooked on the movie.  It was like his eyes were stuck to the screen.  The dim light illuminating from the television screen enhanced his features.

His large, warm eyes and his cute round nose.  His signature bunny lips and smile plastered across his face.  The way his cheeks enlarged when he smiled and the way his eyes glowed when he saw a character he thought was cool.

'Ji Woo really is lucky.  Jungkook is the whole package.  He's energetic, kind, caring, funny, adorable, and not to mention his golden visuals.'   

"Whatcha thinking about?"  It was Jungkook.  His sudden question made me flustered.  'I can't just say that I was thinking about you!'  

Nervously laughing, I said, "I was just thinking about the winter formal."  'Darn it Y/N, that's literally the stupidest excuse ever!  It's a month and a half away!'  

"Really?  I didn't think you'd like those type of things."  He looked at me weirdly.

Cause I don't.  I hate those types of things actually.  All the crowds and the dressing up and the partying.  It made me dizzy.  Plus, I didn't even have anyone to go with.

"W-well, I'm still a girl!  I could like these things," I stuttered out.

"Who do you want to go with?  I'm planning to ask Ji Woo to be my date for the winter formal."  I wanted to frown at his comment but I just faked a wide smile.

"Oh really?  You guys look good together," I said truthfully.  "I don't really have anyone to go with, I mean, no guy would ask me anyway."

"Thank you!  And don't think that way.  V hyung would probably ask you," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I blushed at what he said.  "N-no, he'd probably ask someone else!"

"You never know, you guys look good as a couple too."

"Arghh, just stop it Jungkook!  Focus on the movie."  I was getting flustered with him shipping me with Taehyung.  TaeTae is too good for me.

"Okay okay, geez," he said laughing.

That night, we laugh and ate until the both of us fell asleep in each other's embrace.

To be Continued...