First Kiss | 64

Jungkook's POV:

'Sh*t, what did I just do?'   Y/N just ran away after confessing to me.  

"Sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t," I muttered nervously.  I tried running after her but she ran away to quickly before I could.  Even if I wanted to, I couldn't anyway because my back and legs are still injured.  

This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

"Taehyung!" I hollered out anxiously.

I was supposed to confess to her after she got scared.  Confetti was supposed to float around the room and everybody was supposed to be happy and take pictures.  This wasn't the plan.

"What'd you do this time Jungkook?" he asked tiredly, shaking his head.

"I-I didn't intend for it go this way.  I just- she confessed to me before I confessed to her."

"What?"

"She was crying and saying all these sweet things about me, a-and I wanted to hear more so I waited a bit before telling her.  But then she confessed and ran away when she found out that I, um, wasn't dead."

Taehyung looked at me shocked.

"Aren't you happy that she likes you too?" he said after awhile.

Then it clicked.  'She likes me.  Y/N likes me too.  Oh my gosh.'

I've been saying that she confessed to me, but the idea never soaked in.

"She likes me," I whispered out.

"Yeah that's what I just said," Taehyung said unamused.

"She likes me too," I repeated.

"Did you not listen to what she said?"

"Y/N likes me!" I yelled out.

"Quiet down Jungkook, don't say it out loud for the whole world to hear!"

"I'm sorry," I cried out quickly.  "I just- I couldn't grasp the idea that she would actually like me."

A wide smile formed on my face and I felt so giddy until I realized something else.

"F*ck I need to go after her."

"You just realized?"

I tried using the bed rails to heave myself up but my legs wouldn't support my weight.  

"Um, Taehyung?" I said sheepishly.

"What is it this time?" he retorted, despite knowing exactly what I needed.

"Uh, a little help please."

Taehyung rolled his eyes but cracked a smile.  He wrapped my left arm around his neck and pulled me up so I was leaning against his body.

"Does that feel okay?" he asked.

I shifted my wait a bit but nodded.  "Mhmm, it's fine.  I feel okay."

We then started our slow journey out of the room.

"Where'd you see her heading," I asked, limping.

"She ran up the stairs, probably on the rooftop since I haven't seen her come down."

"Why would she just run away though," I asked sadly.

"You really are clueless," Taehyung said, chuckling.  "She's liked you for a long time now."

His comment made me feel really happy.

"Wait, really?" I asked, grinning.

"She liked you ever since your birthday last year but never told you because you were dating Ji Woo."