Thief | 53

Jungkook's POV:

"Y/N, what were you trying to say?"  I gently tapped her shoulder, but to my surprise, she jumped two feet in the air and violently backed away from me.

Even though there wasn't any light, I could see her figure trembling in fear.

"Hey, what's wrong?" 

Weird.  I was hiding in her parent's room, underneath their bed, but then I heard her say things.  I knew she was saying something, but I couldn't hear her properly and at first, I ignored it.  I just thought she was trying to get me to come out.

But then she continued to yell things so I came out thinking it was something serious.  And it is if she's acting as if I'm a ghost.

"I-is that you Jungkook?" she asked shakily.

"Yeah Y/N, it is me.  Why are you asking though?  It's only the two of us here."

"N-Nothing," she murmered.  "I was just a bit freaked out that's all."

"Awww, were you scared?" I said jokingly.

"Yah, it's not something to joke about?  I'm actually scared you know?" 

"I-I'm sorry I didn't know," I said quickly.  I then enveloped her in a tight hug.  "You don't have to be scared.  I'm here for you now," I murmured.

I could feel her slightly nod into my shoulder.  

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I said after a couple minutes.

"Mhmm."

"Why'd you turn the lights off?"

She then pulled away from our hug.

"I didn't turn them off, there was an electricity shortage in our area from the storm.  I tried telling you but you took forever to respond," Y/N said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, I couldn't hear you okay?" I said defensively.  "Also, why were you so scared?  It's like the lights were turned off."

"Because this house is haunted Jeon!" she said confidentially.  "I had closed my closest door but t-then it opened, a-and my clothes were moving.  My bedroom door was also closed a-after it was open and then a bunch of weird things just happened.  Like, something touched my face and m-my family photos looked like they were possessed!  Then I heard something open and nothing opened!"

Y/N looked so frightened but cute at the same time.  I just wanted to pick her up, twirl her around, and then hold her forever.

"Y-Y/N," I said laughing.

"Why are you laughing?  We need to get out of here!" she said seriously.  "I'm not going to be sleeping with a ghost tonight!"

"B-Because, I'm the once w-who caused literally everything you're describing."  I was now laughing uncontrollably.

"What?" she said in disbelief.

"While you were counting, I opened your closet door to see if I could hide in it, but after thinking of a better hiding place, I left.  Your closed bedroom door was also because of me.  After I left, I closed it to prevent you from seeing me if you were cheating.  The sound of something clicking was probably from me as well.  When you were calling for me, I exited your parent's room and you heard their door open."

Y/N just stood still, as if she was in trance.

"You were really scared so your mind played tricks on you, and your hair was probably the thing that touched your face while you were running out of your room," I logically explained.