Getting Ready | 37

Y/N's POV:

"Okay Y/N, I'll pick you up at 6 today," Taehyung said.

"Oh okay TaeTae."  And with that, I hung up.  Today was the day of the winter formal.  I glanced over at my clock, it was 3 o'clock.  I had just gotten out of school.  I had three hours to get ready.  A good three hours.

I started off with putting on a mask pack.  I don't usually put on masks.  I honestly don't think it even makes a difference, but it made me feel like I was productive and beautiful so I just went with it.  I never attended or participated in any school dances up until now, so I had absolutely no experience with getting ready.

I put on makeup sometimes for formal occasions or celebrations, but I always thought it was a waste of time.  Mascara always made my eyelashes feel stiff and lipstick made me uncomfortable with drinking or eating anything.

"Ohhh, this feels nice," I said, as the mask touched my skin.  I chose a moisturizing, skin glowing mask to look my best today.  "Now, how long should I leave this on?"  The packaging instructions said about fifteen to twenty minutes so I set an alarm.

With the mask still on, I prepared my outfit, laying out all the things I would wear on my bed.  During the week, I tried exercising and dieting to make my figure more appealing for the formal.  I was not  going to embarrass Taehyung.  

I didn't want to embarrass myself either.  Being Taehyung's date was a big risk, mainly because I looked like a trashcan next to him.  Even though it was hard to resist my food cravings and to regularly be fit, I got through it.

The results, in my opinion, weren't major.  There was a slight difference and I was satisfied with that.  A smaller waist, thinner arms and legs, a flatter stomach.  I was never confident with my body, and even though this small change wasn't drastic, it was enough to make me feel more comfortable showing myself to people.

While waiting for the alarm to go off, I searched through the internet for some makeup looks.  "Should I go for a simple look?  Or should I choose a more fierce look?"  I looked at the small amount of makeup I had and was finished deciding.  "Okay, simple makeup it is."

As soon as my alarm went off, I took off the mask and washed my face.  Just like my body transformation, there was a subtle difference in my skin.  It was softer, more dewy.  There was a glow unlike the normal dull skin I had.  It also felt more smooth and soft.

"I could get used to this," I said to myself, smiling at my reflection.  I grabbed my makeup bag and sat in front of the small face mirror I had.  With my phone in hand, I searched for a makeup tutorial on YouTube.

"This'll do."  I chose a tutorial by the YouTuber, Pony Syndrome. (please check her out if you are in need of makeup help, she is literally the best)  I liked the simplicity of coral makeup and how it matched with my outfit so that's the theme I decided to go for.

After an hour of trying to make myself look a bit prettier, I finished my makeup.

(this is the finished product)

"Okay, now for my hairstyle."  I was really nervous to style my hair.  I didn't know how to do anything.  I knew how to tie my hair into a ponytail and make a bun and that was basically it.  Showing up to the formal with a ponytail was definitely not the goal so I ran to my mother's room to grab her hair curler.

When my mom got ready to go on business trips with my father, I would see how she curled her hair.  Mimicking her hand gestures, I was able to curl my hair with few troubles.

After putting away the hair curler and cleaning up all my makeup, I put on the dress and wore extra accessories.  I still had around thirty minutes before Taehyung would come pick me up so I spent the rest of my time brainstorming for Christmas gifts.

I had gotten gifts for everyone but Jungkook.  I just couldn't decide on what to get him.  It was easier shopping for the others, but for some reason, it was really difficult trying to shop for Jungkook.  He isn't a really materialistic person, and he's a simple guy unlike what people think about him.

'He already has a year's supply of banana milk.  I already gave him a game for his birthday.'   I closed my eyes, trying to think of any hints he could've dropped about what he wanted.  "If I were Jungkook, what would I want?"

'He cares a lot about Ji Woo.'   And then I got an idea.  I should buy them couple rings!  It was the perfect thing.  Jungkook hadn't given Ji Woo a couple ring yet.  They wore matching clothes and things like that but never a ring.

I knew that I would have to eat convenience store ramen for a month and cut down on my pocket money buy like 110% but if it made Jungkook happy, then it made me happy too.  Before I knew it, I was already searching for rings online.

All of them were pretty expensive, but I already went on a shopping spree for the other members' gifts, I should just go all out.  I was deep in thought, scrolling through my phone when I heard a voice.

"Hello beautiful."

To be Continued...